Thursday, November 14, 2019

Lately

Ski Sweater// Leggings// Uggs// Sunglasses

It's time for another Lately and that means we are close to the weekend! This weekend, I am headed to an event with Headspace, a meditation app that I have used for years. It's so fun when events like this pop up because not much like this happens in Pittsburgh! I get extra excited when Pittsburgh gets some love and recognition from big brands!

Besides that, we have a LOT of things to do at the house. We got some things back from Framebridge which I'm super excited to hang and just other miscellaneous things that have been sitting on our to-do list for far too long. We also put up our Christmas tree! It's beautiful and was such a good deal. I have no shame in decorating early! We are hosting my sister's engagement party so we have been working overtime to get this house in order for the party in a few weeks.

This week has been great. On Monday, the weather was gorgeous and I didn't even need a coat. Then, Tuesday it snowed SO much and the temperatures plummeted. Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, it was in the teens for temperature which is truly crazy for November in Pittsburgh. I am NOT here for it. But it looks like next week we will be back up to more seasonal weather, phew.

I've been working so hard on holiday content and it seems like you are all enjoying it, so I am glad the long hours are paying off! A fun post is scheduled for tomorrow and it will be totally different than anything I've ever posted before so stay tuned!


Wearing: Like a lot of places, it has been absolutely frigid the past few days. I have been wearing the warmest, coziest pieces I own. This ski sweater is my latest favorite thing. It has thermolite woven into the sweater making it lightweight but super warm. It runs big so size down. I am wearing a size XS. I'm wearing the sweater with these leggings which are my favorite. So buttery soft and thick. I have no shame wearing Ugg boots. I've worn them since high school and I might be their biggest fan. So darn comfortable and cozy. As you can see, red has been my thing lately. I've also been wearing this fleece pullover non-stop. I have it in green and get so much wear out of both. They're easy to wear lounging in leggings but also look cute with jeans.

Eating: I cannot get enough of Port Salut cheese. You can find it at Trader Joe's and most grocery stores. It is so good. It's kind of like brie but a little milder. If you have ever had Trader Joe's triple cream brie, it has a similar creamy texture to that! Highly recommend and since it's on the milder side, it would be a great crowd-pleasing cheese on a cheese board this holiday season. Also, those are Trader Joe's everything bu the bagel crackers and I am obsessed. They're so flavorful and pair so well with the port salut. 
Curtains (because so many have asked and they're currently $45)// Christmas Tree
Sale-ing: I just got this Christmas tree and it is on sale right now for $159 with free shipping. This past Monday, I went to a bunch of different stores that sell Christmas trees (like Home Depot, Target, etc.) and this tree was the least expensive and the nicest. I actually preferred it over a lot of other pricier trees. The branches are mixed and look decently real from far away. It's very full and there aren't any sparse areas. It doesn't look cheap and that was my biggest concern. We aren't getting a real tree because Henry would eat the fallen pine needles. We are still working on fluffing it out, going to add more lights (it's prelit, but I think it needs a strand or two more. And then going to add the rest of the ornaments. I'm a no-fuss kind of decorator when it comes to a tree. Classic ornaments with meaning collected over the years, some glass balls, strings of warm white lights, an angel up top and a nativity down below and that's it. My parents have always taken our tree down and put everything away and setting this all up on our own, I can already tell this is going to be a lot of effort to take down and store. Bless my parents for doing it all these years, haha!

Watching:
 We have been looking for a show to watch together for a while now and we finally started watching Jack Ryan. We love it!! It kind of reminds me of Homeland... kind of. 

Listening: This Selena x Justin mashup has been on replay for me all this week. Obsessed. 

Loving: Dudley Stephens is my biggest brand crush this season. I got their Brighton Boatneck in camel and cannot stop wearing it. I feel that it is really pretty and looks polished and yet you're basically wearing a fleece sweatshirt. It's nice to have these DS pieces on hand to throw over workout clothe after Orange Theory so I can look presentable out running errands. But it's also nice to have them on hand to wear out to dinner while also being very comfortable and warm. If you are looking for a high-quality clothing item to get for yourself or to gift this holiday season, this would be my #1 choice... well besides this faux fur vest, ha! Here's my blog post for sizing info.  


Wanting:
 All. The. Things. But in all seriousness- there is so much amazingness out right now and at the same time, I truly don't need any of this. But it's so fun to wish for and look at! I realllly love these black leather duck boots. They're like the 'city' version of a classic bean boot. 

Smelling: This candle smells like a cozy fireplace and you'd never guess it was only $10. The packaging is beautiful- I actually saw it in-store and this would make a cute hostess gift. 

Traveling: We aren't traveling anymore until December! Next up- Philadelphia for a wedding! 

Quoting: 'The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.'-Paulo Coelho // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure