Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Valentine's Day Pink Outfit






Sunglasses (old, similar)// Lipstick (in babe)

Besides neutrals, blush pink is one of my favorites to wear. I actually don't wear it that often, but when I do I am reminded how much I love it. This post serves two purposes: one to inspire your February/Valentine's Day looks, and two, to show how you can wear both pastels and white pants in the dead of winter!

The real showstopper in this post, though, is this Pink Coat. It looks beautiful online, but it's even better in person. The fabric looks pricey (even though it's not that pricey for a coat!) and drapes so beautifully. 

I love doing a tone on tone and pink is one of the best to do that with (in my opinion). There are so many shades and the dustiness of the coat pairs wonderfully with the Sweater.
The key to pastels in winter (and especially with white jeans) is using winter weight fabrics. The sweater is a bit chunkier and cozy looking- not something you'd really wear in the summer months and the coat with a darker tone is clearly a winter item. Plus the pumps and bag are seasonless.

You can see in the photo above, I paired it with a simple gray tee and a pastel scarf (which is H and M but not longer available). The key here is that the scarf is a winter weight and houndstooth is traditionally a fall/winter pattern. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure