Thursday, May 21, 2020

Lately

We are heading into Memorial Day weekend! Can you believe it? Summer is basically here. Here in Pittsburgh we are still very much shut down which is a real bummer but I am hopeful and excited to make the best of this holiday weekend!

My fiancé ordered us a tie-dye kit because he wanted to tie-dye shirts. I'm not so into the whole tie-dye trend, but it will be a fun activity for us. I also want to order rollerblades (LOL). We did have a picnic one weekend which was truly wonderful so I think that might make the agenda this weekend and maybe we will do a blind wine tasting- we'll see! It has been really nice that we are able to golf here. It's not really my thing, but it makes my fiancé so happy so I am glad!

We have also been having wonderful weather so I have been getting in a ton of 4-mile walks. That seems like my sweet spot with my walking distance. On the last mile, I will sometimes run, which is really saying something because unless I am at Orange Theory I am NOT a runner.
Eating: I mostly try to make my own dressings at home but I have never been quite able to recreate this dressing at home. It is SO good.  It's very similar to the dressing at one of my favorite sushi places here in Pittsburgh, Little Tokyo, and just tastes so fresh. I also use it as a marinade. It's soooo good on salmon. I typically find it at Target and Giant Eagle. 
Drinking: Heading into the weekend, here is a recipe for my low cal margarita recipe

Reading: I literally never read 'tabloids' but this Southern Charm drama is juicy!
Sale-ing: Sooo many sales going on right now because of the holiday weekend. I'll be back this weekend with a full list of sales. In the meantime, Lisi Lerch is doing a big sale where you can get 30% off everything! 

Watching:
 This is SO funny... it's a parody on how to load the dishwasher... and this is SO my fiancé!!!
Loving: These are the inexpensive tinted lip balms that I love and right now you can get both for $26 total!

Wanting: Lots of sales going on because of Memorial Day Weekend, so keep an eye out! 

Smelling:

Quoting: 'Train your mind to see the good in everything. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Liza said...

I absolutely love that dressing! We'll get a salad mix and add crispy chicken, sliced almonds, green onions, mandarin oranges, and that dressing. I had a salad almost just like that years ago and it was so good, and that dressing really helps recreate it.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure