Thursday, June 11, 2020

Lately


This was the first full week of being in the 'green zone' here in Pittsburgh. Most everything is open now (with some limitations and guidelines) but it is really nice to get back to a semblance of normalcy. I am SOOOO excited to get my hair highlighted and cut today- I haven't had it done since February!

We had friends over this week for dinner that we hadn't seen in months and it was wonderful to be able to see people we have missed so dearly! The photo above is the casual setting I put together!

Wearing: I just got this square neck top and I LOVE it. I got it in the natural color but I love it so much, I think I am going to order the white, too!
Eating: We had Pizzeria Davide the other night and it was delicious. We also got their cheesesteaks which I ate too fast to take a photo of! The window is right behind Dianoia's and it is take out only! 

Drinking: Love this roundup of summertime cocktails. 

Sale-ing: Up to 70% off J.Mclaughlin!! My favorite crewneck cashmere sweater is only $99 and this adorable basket bag that I have is also included!

Sale-ing II: Tretorn classic nylite sneakers are on sale for 30% off making them under $55. I love my sneakers- they are so comfortable! Also, Jack Rogers on sale for $90 and one of my favorite sports bras under $30! 

Watching:
 I started Schitt's Creek a few weeks ago and it is SO good. I watched the first episode a year or two ago and didn't get into it but I am so glad I gave it a second chance. It's light and funny and just what I need to wind down at the end of the day. The episodes are short (30 mins) and the lines are so witty but I think it's the delivery from the actors that is the funniest. The mom, Moira, is the same mom in Home Alone (Catherine O'Hara)! I'm on season 3 and I'm trying not to binge too much because it's so good and I don't want it to end (there are 6 seasons).

Loving: I just ordered this men's sweater in a size small. It has such a Ralph Lauren vibe but I ended up getting it for under $50. It's 100% cotton so it's the perfect summer sweater. I'll report back once I get it to let you know how it is! 


Wanting:
 I ordered these gorgeous earrings from a new-to-me brand, The Tiny Tassel! I think they'll look so cute with a white eyelet dress! 

Pittsburgh-ing: We had Brick and Mortar on Tuesday night for dinner and it was delicious! The 'flankenstein' pita wrap was one of the best things ever. Definitely check it out if you haven't! 

Quoting: 'Try your best to make goodness attractive. That's one of the toughest assignments you'll ever be given.' - Fred Rogers // See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Rita said...

After much urging from my daughters, I watched Schitts Creek during this SIP. What an incredibly well written and funny show. Exactly what my husband and I needed as well. And I agree the acting is what makes it. Such perfect casting. I will give it some time, but this is a series I will come back to, because I know I have not completely appreciated some of the lines that were spoken. Be sure to watch the "look back" from the actors when you finish the series. I shed some tears.

Sarah said...

Can you share the table cloth you have pictured? It is India Amory?

THANK YOU!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Sarah! Yes, India Amory! I love her linens!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure