Thursday, March 18, 2021

Lately

Dress (on sale)

Another week of nice weather in the books! I do not want to speak too soon...a blizzard could still happen. I was born on April 14th and my parents brought me home as it was snowing... but I do feel like we are headed to full-on spring now. Next week's forecast is looking so nice- I almost want to uncover our patio furniture, but that will really jinx it, ha!

I'm getting excited about planting basil and some flowers again. I had fun with that last year and think I want to branch out to try planting more herbs. There is nothing better than fresh herbs- it was so lovely to be able to run out back and grab some fresh basil for lunches and dinners! I found a few cute planters at Homegoods recently so definitely check your Homegoods if you are looking for pretty planters! 

This week was a lot of screentime- basically on the computer all week. That's never exciting, but I am always happy to get it done. I have hung on to my Macbook pro from SO many years ago because I didn't want to get the newer one where you have to have an external card reader/USB/etc. and there are hints that there is a new Macbook coming where you don't have to have anything external. I'm so excited- if that ends up to be the case, I am going to order one! 

Wearing:
 I have been searching high and low for pretty spring dresses and I feel like MOST of what I have ordered has been such a miss- ill fitting, poor quality, etc. Disappointing, BUT,  this is a beautiful dress and is now on my list of Easter contenders. Size down. I am wearing a size 2 and probably could have gone down to the 0... it is only fitted at the waist (and even at the waist it has some stretch).

Eating: I made corned beef and cabbage last night to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. My mom has always made this and I love it so much. I used her recipe (which was so easy) and it turned out delicious!! I ended up buying a second corned beef to make at a later date (put in the freezer) because it's hard to find outside of March and I would love to make it again even outside of St. Patrick's Day! This is an odd thing to love, I guess, but I LOVE cabbage, ha! 

Reading: The American Kennel Club put out the top 2020 dog breeds, can you guess which is #1?! 

Watching: I'm currently watching 90 Day Fiancé and Summer House. Two mindless reality TV shows but I love both- even my fiancé watches Summer House with me, which I find funny because he does not like reality TV at all. This season of 90 Day Fiancé has been WILD. I'm literally excited each week to watch the new episode, haha!! 

Listening: I haven't really found a lot to listen to lately. I've just been playing old favorites like Dave Matthews Band, which always feels good on a sunny day! 

Loving: 100% of the proceeds of this necklace from Talbots go to Dress For Success!
Loving II: Remember this post about my love for this eye brightener? It is IN-STOCK as of posting this! 
Wanting: Oh my goodness this black gingham Mackintosh Jacket!!! I also love these little pedestal soup bowls. Only $9 which is a steal! 
Pittsburgh: Do not walk, run to Penn Ave Fish Co. for their salmon bagel. OH MY GOSH. It was so incredible. Honestly, a really good bagel is hard to find in Pittsburgh and this is one of the best I have had in Pittsburgh. Fantastic! 

Smelling: This is one of my favorite scents and I am craving a new bottle of it! 

Quoting: 'We should be lifting each other up and cheering each other on, not trying to outshine one another. The sky would be awfully dark with just one star.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure