Thursday, April 15, 2021

Lately



Hope you are all having an enjoyable week! Yesterday was my birthday so I was able to have lunch with my parents and my fiancĂ© took me to one of my favorite spots, Poulet Bleu, which I haven't been to since December 2019! Even though I am now 31, I called this birthday the '30th birthday redo', haha! 

This week was really busy and I feel like I got SO much accomplished which is something I haven't really felt in a while and it just felt so good to do a lot! 

We are getting ready to go away for my brithday so today is going to be really busy tying up a bunch of loose ends. I also need to clean up the house a bit- it's not dirty but it's a little cluttered at the moment and that always drives me nuts!! 

Wearing: I wore this dress yesterday for my birthday. It was a little chilly for such a dress, but I didn't mind. Something about the neon pink just makes me SO happy. It's truly not often I wear such a shockingly bright color! 
Eating: This past weekend we got Moonlite burgers. It's a pop-up where the chef operates out of other restaurant's kitchens and it is takeout only. They only make burgers, no sides or anything else but oh my goodness, it was SO incredibly delicious. It was a little annoying that they didn't have any other sides and it was a little annoying that you have to order days in advance because they sell out, but it still was a worthwhile experience! I think with a few side options, they could have a successful fast-casual restaurant if they opened one in Pittsburgh! The burger style was a 'smashburger' which is kind of hard to find in Pittsburgh. It was like a hybrid burger between In-N-Out and Five Guys. 

Drinking: We tried Canteen drinks a few weekends ago. They are like a competitor to High Noon (basically canned sparkling water and vodka). And they were really good! We got watermelon and black cherry and I liked watermelon best. I think I prefer High Noon but these were not bad at all! I don't often drink canned drinks (or vodka for that matter) but there's something about them in the summertime and just the overall ease of them that I enjoy from time to time.

Sale: The Sephora sale is still going on as is the Shopbop sale

Reading: I finished The One on Netflix and loved it. There were lots of twists and turns. I realized it is based on a book. Now I want to read it, it has good reviews on Amazon

Watching:
 Ok this is WILD! A bear went into someone's home and their dogs scared the bear away! I am so glad none of the animals were hurt but can you even imagine?!
Wanting: I'm thinking of this rug for our dining area... I don't really care for the rug we have now. Not so sure if the gray would be too dark or not, but the price seems great... almost too good to be true, ha! Or potentially splurging on this rug. It is SO gorgeous. Oh my goodness this entire collection of dishes and glassware- swoon!!

Traveling: We are going on a road trip down south for my birthday and I cannot wait! Henry is also joining which makes me so happy! 
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure