Thursday, September 30, 2021

Lately


I cannot believe we are on the last day of September. It will seriously be 2022 before we know it. This year has absolutely flown by. Each day that I look at the calendar, I just cannot get over it! 

The weather this week has been absolutely glorious. Like I just want to bottle this up and have it be like this forever. Sunny, 70 degrees, chilly mornings and evenings. Love it. 

In the past two-ish years, I've been really good at going to bed somewhat early and have become a morning person. Not like a 5am-morning-person but a 7am-morning-person where I actually feel well-rested and get a lot done in the mornings. However,  during the summer months, I have noticed that I fall into a bit of a rut in that I go to bed later than I'd like to. I then either wake up early but feel tired or sleep in later than I'd like. It definitely has to do with the fact that it stays light out so much later in the summer. I am hoping that as it has begun to get darker earlier that I am able to fall back into my early-to-bed routine! That's what I have been focusing on lately and haven't been all that successful to be honest, ha! So here's to hoping that I get back into my early sleeping routine in October! 

Wearing: This Cashmere Tee and Cashmere Lounge Pants combo is the best thing ever. I, unfortunately, have yet to see it go on sale so it's a splurge for both pieces but totally worth it in my opinion. It looks so chic and elegant and yet is the softest and coziest thing ever. I really want the set in navy but have tried to practice some restraint, haha! I'm wearing a small in both the top and bottom. They are quite roomy but I prefer the fit to be like that. 

Eating: Someone sent me this news and it is EPIC. Katz's deli and Hendrick's gin teamed up to create pickles!!!! I did think $15 for the jar was steep but figure it would be a treat. But then when I saw the $20 shipping charge, I backed out. Would love to try these however, their $35 price tag is keeping me away, haha! 

Eating II: This is a Whole Foods recommendation. Do not walk, run to try their coconut curry chicken soup. It's in the pre-made refrigerated section (Whole Foods brand) and oh my word is it GOOD. The perfect thing to eat on a chilly evening. 
Drinking: This weekend I tried a new-to-me cabernet from Marietta. And, shocker, it was delicious! Seriously I have not tried anything I don't like from Marietta!!! It's called Armé and I have been ordering it on Wine.com. It has a very different taste to it than the Game Trail that I love from them. This is dryer and has more of a 'bite' to it but just delicious!

Watching:
 We are watching Friday Night Lights which is a show from the early 2000's. It's on Netflix. My husband said he had watched it in college with his roommates but I have never seen it. It's really good so far. Not the best thing I've ever seen but enough to keep me interested! 

Listening: Did you catch Monday's post where I shared all about the music from our wedding day? 
Loving: Sarah Flint's new linen collection is just STUNNING. 
Wanting: J.Crew has new arrivals and I feel like they are just all soooooo good this year. 

Smelling: I love Target's Hearth and Hand scent 'smoked woods'! I smelled it while I was in store and it was the perfect 'cozy' scent without smelling too fall or too winter! 

Traveling: I'm headed on a trip with my mom next week to a spot that has been on my bucket list! We actually had it on our list to go there on our mini-moon but it was unfortunately totally booked! This is a PR trip and I am so excited about it. I haven't been on a proper 'work trip' in quite some time and I'm so grateful that I'm able to bring my mom along! We will have a blast together!

 
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

JYL said...

Love the Lily and Bean Hettie Mini bag you included in your shopping roundup! It's a company that's new to me - have you ordered from them before? Do you like the quality and the size of the bag? The website doesn't have much details so figured I'd ask you. Thanks!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

JYL,

Hi! I just ordered it in red. I think it looks like a cross between an Hermès Kelly and the Tory Burch mini radziwill bag! I ordered it in red this week after seeing Kathleen Barnes post about it!!! I will report back once I receive it! Check out Kathleen on Instagram, you can see her wearing it and looks SO chic!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure