Monday, December 13, 2021

Holiday Appetizers


I've shared this a bunch in the past, but every Christmas Eve my parents host a big party at their house. The first portion of the night is heavy appetizers and then much later, my mom serves dinner. I honestly look forward to the appetizer portion even more than the actual dinner. There are SO many delicious things! 

My mom often makes a lot of the same things year after year as they are true crowd-pleasers (ex. deviled eggs, shrimp cocktail, different dips, etc.) but I have been searching for some fun ideas to make to mix things up. I thought it might be helpful for you all in case you are planning an upcoming event or need an idea of an appetizer to bring to a party! 

I feel like this is SO easy to do and will do well sitting out for a bit. 

Same with this one. You could make this in the afternoon before your event and store it in the refrigerator. 

Why am I not eating this for a snack daily? This is like all of my favorite things in one! 

Ok YUM. 

Onion and pear together is not something I would have done on my own but it sounds delicious! 

These are adorable! 

This is so fun! And now that I am thinking about it, you could do this in different styles like a 'taco cupcake'! 

Little, but heavy and filling which can be good if the dinner will be later! 

We have had a variation of this in the past and it's SO good. 

Love the idea of serving the chicken salad on a sliced apple! 

Seems so simple, but I would have never thought of this on my own!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great appetizer recipes! I read every delicious one and now have to decide between all of them. Your timing was perfect because I need to plan mt Christmas menus.
So, if your mom serves heavy appetizers, what does she serve for the main course?

Annaliese said...

I always feel stumped with what to do for apps so I am bookmarking this list for sure!! These all look delicious.

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

Sarah @ Fewer & Better said...

These all look delicious--can't wait to try some! Happy holidays!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure