Thursday, February 10, 2022

Lately

Are you all having a good week? My week is going well. Nothing crazy to report. We are watching my parent's dog, Buddy, and he is so sweet. Buddy and Henry get along so well which is great but the two of them could not have more different personalities. It's hysterical to see them play together! I also don't know how people do it having two dogs. It's tough to give them both equal attention!! They also don't really walk well together. It's not horrible, it's just a lot for me to handle (ha!!) so I have to go on double walks each day. I am definitely getting my steps in! I think if we practiced a bit, we could get them walking well together, but I was not about to take that training project on this week. One day! 

The weather was SO nice yesterday. I could not believe it. I had the sunroof open and even got an iced cappuccino. 

This evening we have kind of a fun/unique/interesting plan... you'll have to check it out on Instagram and if it is any good, I will also share in next week's lately post here! 

Tomorrow we are getting one of my favorite foods for dinner which I am excited about because I haven't had it in too long! We are going to celebrate Valentine's Day then and we will go to my parent's on the actual holiday. We also have plans to go over to a friend's house for a Super Bowl get-together! So that will be fun! 
Wearing: I've been ordering things for my Charleston trip non-stop but it seems that I am really striking out. I did get this dress, though, which I really love! I am going to bring it in hopes it will be warm enough to wear something like this, but definitely bring warmer backups just in case! 


Wearing II: I wore this casual outfit out for dinner on Saturday night. It was so cold so I was so glad to be warm and comfortable! You all know I swear by this Vince Sweater. I bought it in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale probably 6 years ago. It's still in perfect condition and I've worn it SO much. I also got these new Boots. For under $150, they are a steal. The quality is top-notch and I love that they are functional, too. The tread on the bottom of the boots are so nice and thick so they are good on snow/ice. They're also very warm and comfortable. I feel like they are a bit more stylish than my LL Bean boots! They run true to size. 

Eating: My husband makes the best banana bread and he made some this past weekend. SO delicious! I wanted to share the recipe he uses

Drinking: We had ourselves a snow day last Friday and it was so much fun. We tried Decoy sparkling wine and it was excellent for the price. The state store was out of Chandon but this was such a good other option at a similar price point! Bubbly and banana bread- what more could you want?! 

Watching:
 We watched The Tinder Swindler on Netflix this weekend and it was SO wild. It's about a guy on the Tinder dating app and how he scammed a bunch of women... I won't say anymore so I don't spoil it. It's a documentary but I really think they could have even made it into a show. It was so good and just unbelievable on all fronts! 

Loving: After how well this larger orchid arrangement turned out, I decided to make a smaller version for our bedroom. I think it turned out so well. The mini orchid is not as realistic as the larger one, in my opinion, but it was good enough for what I wanted it for! I think it looks beautiful in the silver vase I had! 
Wanting: We are in that weird in-between period where retailers have all of the winter stuff on sale but a lot is selling out and some of the early spring stuff is out but it's too cold to wear any of it!! 

Pittsburgh: We went to Moonlit Burgers in Dormont this past weekend. We had their burger before when they didn't have an actual restaurant and were just doing pop-ups. They do incredible smashburgers. We were so glad to try out their new spot which is cute and super casual. We got their chili cheese fries (delish) the Smashburger and their chicken sandwich and split it all. Tons of food and all so delicious. I really loved the chicken sandwich- it was SO flavorful. The chicken itself was so juicy and just perfectly cooked. They make chicken tenders, too, and I'm anxious to go back and try those next! They also have a few cocktail offerings and I got the spicy margarita which was perfect and then they had a gin cocktail on draft called 'gin and juice' that was also wonderful- so fresh-tasting! The space is pretty small so just keep that in mind if you are going with a big group. I have no idea if they offer event rental/buyout but it could be the coolest place for an adult birthday party or engagement party or something like that!! We went with 9 people and they were totally able to accommodate us but it took a little bit of juggling things until we could get all 9 people together (no reservations)! They close at 9pm (even on weekends) and so after that, we walked over to Arsenal Cider. I didn't realize that they had a Dormont location! They had live music- such a great guitarist/drummer/singer situation. I am not a huge cider person, I usually find them to be too sweet, but I really like their Pickett Bone Dry which is what I always get. It almost tastes like tart dry champagne with a hint of apples! It was a really fun night with friends... fun to be able to bop around within one block! Really cool to see so many great things opening up in Dormont! 

Quoting: 'Enjoy moments before they become memories' // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sydney, I highly recommend getting a split leash for walking two dogs! We dog sit a lot and recently got one (had the same issue as you). We saw a huge improvement and I just find it so adorable. You can get one on Amazon for less than $15!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure