Thursday, October 20, 2022

Lately

Whipped out my Nespresso machine this weekend and made a cappuccino better than Starbucks! 

Henry has been a pumpkin for the past few years so I think we are going to switch things up this year!

I've been getting holiday catalogs in the mail and have been winding down in the evenings with some tea and perusing through some of them! 

At the end of last week, we took Henry to doggy daycare for the first time ever to do a temperament test because we are going to board him there. I was truly so nervous as to how he would do. I had no idea how he would behave! Luckily, the staff said he was great and he is welcome back, ha! I don't think he hated it so that was relieving. So anyway, I will be a nervous wreck for the few nights he stays there, but Buddy will be there, too, so they can hang out together! 

Also, we took him to a new vet. A lot of new things for Henry in one week! Our vet retired last year and a new vet opened in our area so we figured we would try that out. I loved the new vet office and the new vet. The entire experience was great. Earlier this month, Henry had gotten sick a few times and had been licking his paws a ton, from what we assumed were allergies. So I was beyond relieved when the vet told us Henry was in perfect condition. They did a full blood panel and everything and it just made me feel so much more relaxed now knowing he is in great health. He's going on 7 and I just worry as he ages! Dogs have way too short of lives and I don't take a single second for granted that I get with Henry! 

We are celebrating my mom this weekend as it is her birthday tomorrow!!!! It will be so much fun and I am so excited to spend the weekend with my husband and parents. I'm bummed my sister and brother-in-law won't be able to be with us because they'll be in California! 

I've had a lot on my plate work-wise. Sometimes I get stressed about it but I really do think I work best when I have a lot on my plate. Plus, I am thankful to have lots of work and I am so excited to share things I have been working on in the coming weeks and months! 

Oh and I told you all how I burned my foot with a curling iron a few weeks ago in a previous 'lately' post. The burn was pretty bad. It's really opened my eyes to wound care and how much time and effort taking care of a wound takes. I've been taking good care of it first and foremost so it doesn't get infected but also because I want it to heal as fast as possible and scar as minimally as possible. I can tell it is healing slowly but surely! I think the biggest annoyance is that I can't wear shoes that cover the top of my foot because it agitates the burn and also just hurts a bit. The ironic thing is that it's really just a small foot wound and it's not as bad medically speaking, but it's just so inconveniently placed on my foot!!! So until the wound part heals, I'm in ballet flats or pumps! I'm honestly glad it's not the dead of winter when I would need my feet to be covered haha! But I miss working out and wearing sneakers so much so that I ended up ordering sneaker ballet flats. Who even knew they made such a thing but they do and I am so glad!

lipstick in sandwash pink
Wearing: This sandwash pink lipstick is supposedly the lipstick that Kate Middleton wore on her wedding day. I bought it and I really like it as an everyday color. It's back in stock now! 

Sale: The Company Store, the brand that makes my favorite throw blanket ever (ahem, the green blaket) is having their friends and family sale through 10/23. You can get up to 30% off with code FRIENDS22. The blanket is included in the sale! 

Sale II: Barrington is having a sale through tomorrow (Friday). You get 15% off using code PUMPKINPIE. I'm passionate about this tote. I take it everywhere with me. This Toiletry Bag is on my Chrsitmas wish list this year. I also love the Garment Bag and my husband wants one of his own because he loves mine so much. I also carry this Clear Pouch with me everywhere. 

Watching:
 We started watching The Watcher. We are only one episode in. It's good so far- I have no idea what it is about or what to expect but it gives me slight creepy vibes, that is for sure. It's on Netflix an apparently based on a true story. We have no had time for TV lately so I'm surprised we even made it through an entire episode of something, ha! 

Listening: It has been so cold for the past 2 or 3 days, I am embarrassed to admit this but I turned on Christmas jazz music. I really did!!!! 

Loving: The holiday wrapping at Target is just DARLING! I absolutely love wrapping things! These glitter initials are adorable! 
Wanting: Such fabulous red party shoes

Amazon Rec: This pullover (under $40) is giving me Varley vibes for less. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Quoting: 'You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It's their mistake, not my failing.' - Richard Feynman // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure