Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Henry's Favorite Treats and Toys


In honor of National Pet Month, I wanted to share some of Henry's favorite products! Henry is estimated to be about 7.5 years old (I adopted him when he was about 2). I cannot believe he has been in my life for only 5.5 years! He is my best friend and adopting him was the best thing I have ever done! I highly recommend adopting a pet if you are in a place to adopt it. I weighed the pros and cons for a while before Henry, but it has been so rewarding. 

If you are looking for a specific breed and think you aren't able to adopt the breed you are looking for, I recommend digging around first to see what you can find. I was dead set on an Australian Cattle Dog but also dead set on adopting. It took a lot of time and effort to find Henry, but it is possible!!

For those of you who have dogs, in particular, I hope you find this post helpful! 




Multi Vitamin Probiotic// This is not the cleanest product, but Henry loves it and I really do think it is more good for him than it is bad! It's a multivitamin and probiotic in one. They are made in the USA. If you all have a cleaner option than this, please let me know!! 

Dasaquin Joint Supplement// We got this on recommendation from our vet. It's a joint supplement and we started Henry on it this past fall since he is getting older. It gets good reviews and I really do think it makes a big difference. Henry has a crooked front paw. We assume his paw is like that because he was a stray and broke is leg at some point, he never got any help, and so it never healed properly. So sad to think about!!! But, the older he gets, I worry that his crooked leg/paw will hinder him so I am trying to stay ahead of it! 

CR Peanut Butter// You can find this peanut butter at most grocery stores. Henry loves peanut butter and I put it in his kong in the freezer for a special treat. This peanut butter is made with 100% peanuts and that is the only ingredient. I am not a peanut butter person but my husband also loves this PB!! 

 Ring Toy// Henry and my parents dog, Buddy are utterly obsessed with this toy. I don't get it. It's just two rubbery rings with a rope ring in between. They destroy the middle rope part and then just chew on the rubbers rings and chase each other around. It's the most sought after toy in the house. They both have the toy and I have backups. My aunt and uncle's new puppy came to my house a few weekends ago and she also went for the rings so my aunt ordered them for her! 

Glandex// Henry has gland issues and these are supposed to make his stool bulkier... if you know, you know. I truly think this make a big difference. 

Freeze Dried Beef Liver// For treats, I mostly feed Henry whole foods like fruits and vegetables but this is one packaged treat that I can get behind. It's one ingredient- just beef liver! He absolutely loves these and they are easy to transport. 

Dental Chews// Henry loves these! They are made in the USA and have minimal ingredients. I truly believe they help Henry's breath and his teeth! 

Dog Alert Sticker// We have these on several windows in our home. They're not pretty but I really want every single person to know we have a dog in this house in case of emergency. 

Wishbone Chew Toy// These toys are questionable because I've heard a lot of bad things can happen like cracking a tooth but since the day I got Henry, he has always LOVED to chew. It's his absolute favorite thing. The vet, completely unprompted, complimented Henry's teeth this past fall at his annual vet visit and said his teeth were amazing for a dog his age. He agreed it could be because he loves to chew on things like this so often. We have never had an issue (knock on wood) but I do keep a close eye on him when he plays with this!

Lavender Scented Waste Bags// Scented bags make ALL the difference! They are made with 65% recycled plastic and totally leakproof. 

Parrot Toy// Henry loves any and all super-chewer bark box toys. He is pretty tough on toys and ruins anything stuffed practically immediate but these keep him entertained for longer. 

Brush// Henry has shorter hair so he doesn't need brushed a ton but I do try to brush him a few times a week! Buddy, my parents dog, has a longer coat and this brush works wonderfully on him as well. 

Wicker Dog Bed// This is not the bed Henry has, it is sadly no longer available but this has the same insert. He has 3 beds around the house and always prefers this bed over anything else. I also love that it looks more like a piece of furniture and kind of blends into decor. Otherwise, he has free reign on any piece of furniture in our home. 

Bark Box Cotton Candy Toy// I don't think this is a super chewer toy but it's big for his size (27 pounds) and he loves it and it is one of the only stuffed toys that has ever lasted so long! I bought a back up so once he destroys this one, I will have another one for him! I usually always buy a backup or two of toys that are his very favorites. I have a basket in a cabinet filled with extra toys so I can bring them out for special occasions or when needed! 

If you are looking for more dog products that I would recommend, check out my gift guide from this past holiday season. It is chock full of great finds! 

**Regarding the supplements and treats within this post, please note that I am not a veterinarian.  This is for informational purposes only and not intended to be medical advice nor is it a substitution for medical advice. Please do your own research and consult your pet's veterinarian before giving your pet anything. A licensed, qualified veterinarian will be able to make decisions based on each pet's medical history and current prescriptions.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure