Thursday, October 26, 2023

Lately



Henry had an annual vet visit, and he is doing so well! So thankful.


I know we haven't gotten to Halloween yet, but this week is my transition week. We are filming holiday-focused things. I'm hitting publish on my first gift guide tomorrow, and I will start including holiday-themed things in upcoming posts, like holiday party outfits, quick and easy appetizers, and more! 

October is my favorite month, and I don't want to see it go, but I also absolutely LOVE the holiday season. I am going to soak it up! 

It has been very busy over here. This past weekend, my sister came to town to surprise my mom for her birthday! We had a fun little birthday lunch, and then I hosted her birthday dinner. It is my cousin's birthday tomorrow, so we had my aunts, uncle, cousins, and Grammie over to celebrate together! I love being with family, and I also really love and appreciate that we always make an effort to get together to celebrate birthdays! 

We are attending a family friend's wedding this weekend, so my sister and brother-in-law are in town! My sister literally went home for about 4 days just to return, ha! We won't see them again until Thanksgiving, so we are soaking up the time together! 



Wearing: Love this pullover so much! It runs roomy, but I am wearing my true size small! If you are ever wondering where something is from, I keep my LTK page up to date at all times; you can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK!

Sale: Tomorrow begins the Sephora Sale, where you can get up to 20% off! I will be sharing my favorites, but in case you want a quick rundown, my top faves are:

- these highlighters that I use as blush, bronzer, and highlighter. Blush is in the shade rose quartz, bronzer is in the shade raw amber, and highlighter is in the shade peach quartz. Not only are they beautiful shades, but they blend flawlessly and have the prettiest sheen to them. 

- This brow pencil is so inexpensive and just as good as Anastasia or any other pricier brand that I have used. 

- You can't go wrong with anything Westman Atelier. It is one of my favorite makeup brands. This trio set is amazing and has 3 of my faves- I think this will sell out quickly and would make such a great gift.

- I order this lip balm each time Sephora does a sale. It's my all-time favorite.  

I currently have this lip balm/gloss in my cart in the shade 05 pink satisfaction. 

Dates to keep in mind:
Rouge: 10/27 → 20% off
Bring a Friend: 10/27 - 10/30 → Rouge refer 1x friend only, 20% off 1 time 
Sephora Collection: 10/27 - 11/6 → 30% off, must be Member 
VIB: 10/31 → 15% off 
Insiders: 10/31 → 10% off

Sale II: Tuckernuck is offering an extra 20% off sale today and tomorrow with code EXTRA20! I have always admired this dress, which is under $100, with the extra discount. 

Watching: All of the CBS holiday programming! I record the specials like Rudolph but I find it SO fun to watch live each year or at least record that year's airing. Rudolph airs the day after Thanksgiving at 9 p.m.! Can't wait! 

Listening: Here's my Spotify Christmas playlist in case you want to queue it up... I'm trying so hard to hold off, but the second the clock strikes midnight on 11/1, I'm going for it!

Loving: The Villa coat is back in more colors this year, and it's a coat that I highly recommend. I got it last year in bright red and love it. I wear it so often. It runs really big, so size down! 

Michael's 7.5ft. Pre-Lit Quick Set Jasper Artificial Christmas Tree, Clear Lights by Ashland
Loving II: My Christmas tree is back in stock again this year. I've had this tree for about 5 years now, and it's still good as new. It's a great, affordable option at around $299. The lights still work perfectly, but I always add an extra strand or two because I love many lights. It's very easy to store away, put up, and take down, which was really important to me. 

Wanting: This is such a fabulous cocktail dress
under $300. It looks like something Samantha Stevens would have worn to a fun holiday party! This plaid skirt is EVERYTHING. This sweater gives me Dale of Norway vibes for half of the price. Have you all seen the Morris Co. collaboration for Williams Sonoma? It's beautiful! Love this $38 pearl sweater.

Pittsburgh: Colangelos in the Strip has such amazing pizza. My husband recently came across it as we hadn't heard of it before, and now it is one of our favorites! 

Amazon Rec: You can find my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page, where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Smelling: My cousin went to London recently and got this Jo Malone scent that I have never tried before, and it smells SO good. I love Jo Malone perfumes, and this one is just lovely. It has such a warm, musky scent to it, but it's light and airy at the same time. 

Quoting: "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence."- George Washington //See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure