Monday, March 11, 2024

Athletic Sneakers I Love For Intense Workouts

Athletic Sneakers I Love For Intense Workouts
Over the years, I have built quite a collection of sneakers and tennis shoes, but few pairs I actually wear for intense workouts. Most of my sneakers are reserved for either fashion, trips where we do a lot of walking, or just walking in my neighborhood. 

I just hit my 400th class at Orange Theory last week, which inspired me to share my favorite workout sneakers. I wear them for Orange Theory classes and running, jumping, games like Pickleball, and anything else intense. 

I have super high arches and require a sneaker with adequate arch support. While I have tried on many pairs of sneakers from many brands, I have found two pairs that I have purchased over and over again from two different brands:


These are not the most 'in' sneakers, the 'coolest' sneakers, or even the cutest sneakers. But they work so well for my feet and workouts! Both styles fit true to size. Both brands/styles go on sale, you just have to keep an eye on the color you like! 






While both are super lightweight, the Ultraboost is a little heavier. My favorite part of the Ultraboost is that I can slip my feet into them without adjusting the laces. They are also much bouncier, which I like. If you are just doing floor exercises, go with the pegasus because the bounce is noticeable, and therefore, the pegasus feels slightly more 'grounded'. I love the bounce for jumping and running. These also have a bit more cushion to them than the Pegasus. I love the breathable upper portion of the sneakers; my feet never overheat. Because of the bounce, I even like to wear them on walks. This is one of their newer lines in the Ultraboost series and I'm really intrigued! 



The Pegasus style is the lightest-weight sneaker I have ever worn. They're like air, and they fit my foot as if they were custom molded. The arch support is amazing. There is very little bounce/spring in these, so I love them for the Orange Theory floor portion. They make my feet and, in turn, ankles feel so stable, especially when doing lateral movements. These are my Orange Theory-only shoes. If you run outside, I would definitely suggest the trail model Pegasus. I actually love the trail model, even for indoors, as it has a better grip and a little more support. The only thing I don't love about the Trail model is that it is less breathable and ever so slightly heavier than the regular Pegasus model. 

Overall, I'd say if you are between the two pairs, go with the Ultraboost first as the Pegasus are amazing but feel a little more 'niche' than the Ultraboost. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure