As we head into a holiday weekend, I've been keeping an eye out for sales worth highlighting.
Six years ago, I shared the story of what my family has always called the 'green blanket.' It's called that because the original one is green, but now it's basically family lore.
If you are new here, I'll share a little background. Growing up, we had this green blanket, a throw blanket that my parents still have to this day. I’m not exactly sure how old it is, but it's probably nearly 30 years old. It's currently 30% off with code LDW26. They do sales here and there, usually around holidays, but 30% off is usually the deepest discount!
This blanket was the envy of every family member. If we were all in the living room, we would fight over it. My sister and I would race into the room just to claim the green blanket first. We brought it along on road trips, and to this day, it is famous in the Carver house. Even our family and friends know about the green blanket because they have been over and enjoyed it, too.
For years, I tried to find another one. At one point, I ordered what I thought might be it, but nope. No such luck.
Then, back in 2020, I was at my parents’ house lounging with the green blanket and was reminded that I had truly never found another throw blanket that could hold a flame to it. One night at dinner, I asked my mom if I could have it. My mom is one of the most giving people in the world, and she said NO! My sister immediately protested because she wanted it, too.
That set me off on a mission to finally figure out exactly what the green blanket was.
Eventually, I found The Company Store’s Down Throw. I sent it to my mom and sister, and we all agreed it looked like the blanket. I ordered one and waited rather impatiently for it to arrive. My sister ordered one, too, and hers showed up first. She immediately confirmed: it was the green blanket.
When mine arrived a few days later, I tore open the package, felt it, and knew instantly. IT WAS THE GREEN BLANKET!
Ironically, none of our green blankets are actually green, but it was exactly what I had been searching for. To be fair, it comes in elven colors, and while the green is pretty, the blue and the tan go with my decor better!
And now, years later, I can say it is still one of my favorite things in our house. We have three peppered throughout our home, and I enjoy my coffee under the green blanket each morning. Even Henry, who has the most discerning taste in pillows and blankets, loves it. My husband is a fan, too.
Since this discovery, many extended family members familiar with the OG green blanket have ordered their own, and many of you have too.
Which brings me to the point: The Company Store is having its Labor Day sale, and this is a great time to order before chilly weather arrives.
It's 50x70", which is a generous throw size. It is plenty big enough to completely cover me when I’m curled up on the sofa, and two people can share it if you are sitting next to each other. They also make it in bed sizes if you want something larger. The fabric is 100% cotton, and it's filled with down, but there is a down-alternative option if you have allergies.
What makes it so good is you get warmth without the weight. It is wonderfully fluffy and warm, but it doesn’t feel heavy or bulky. The outer fabric is soft but has a slightly crisp feel to it that I love.
I wash mine on cool and dry it on low with dryer balls, and I always wash and dry it by itself.
Unlike some trendier blanket brands, this one hasn't gone viral. I feel it is a best-kept secret! This is a 'timeless' blanket, ha!! But truly, the blanket is 30 years old, and honestly, it's hard to find anything quality enough these days that will last that long! My own green blanket stash is 6, almost 7 years old at this point, and they look and feel as good as they did the day I got them... they actually feel a little better because they soften a bit as time goes on.
So if you have been thinking ahead to cooler evenings, football weekends, cozy nights on the sofa, or even holiday gifts, I would absolutely take advantage of the sale!
This is not sponsored!! Besides the throw, I have long been a fan of TCS. We've also purchased our down comforter, pillows, and sheet sets from them over the years. If you are unfamiliar with the brand, they make high-quality bedding and linens at prices that I think are very fair for the quality.
I actually just bought this pillow (king size, gusseted, medium firmness) during their Memorial Day sale a few months ago, and it's the best pillow I've ever used! I think I'm going to order this sheet set, as we need to replace one of our sets that is getting pretty worn.
You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more. I’m always updating it with my latest finds! You can also follow me on the LTK app and browse all of my posts here on my website.
This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you).















No comments:
Post a Comment