Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fall Essentials Part 3: The Gameday Dress


If you're school is not into gameday dresses then disregard this post. Or, be unique and stand out (and very well dressed) and wear a gameday dress anyway!
I just got my gameday dress from Designs by Kara Kihm-- Kara is from Richmond, VA and has just recently started her Etsy site and I LOVE everything that she creates herself! There are 8 styles available including the Fair, Annapolis, Brooke, Amanda, Lily, McCarrick, Elizabeth Anne, and Erin. I got my gameday dress in the Erin cut and absolutely love it.
This is one of the pictures from the website. I love the color combinations in this picture! The dresses fit so perfectly as well! Kara can make any dress custom but order 2-4 weeks in advance to allow time for it to be made so you get your dress on time!
This is the front of my dress. I love the ruffle neckline and the crisp white top. The sizes run pretty true to size. I got a size four and usually wear between a 2 and 4 and the 4 fits just right. The dress is nipped right in the waist to give you a great figure and the skirt is straight making you look long and lean. The entire dress is lined and overall the dress is wonderfully made--you can tell by the seams and stitching that this dress is extremely well made.
I love the bow detail on the back waist of the dress. It adds the perfect girly touch and fun to the back. I also love that the ruffles go all the way around the collar. The back has darting in it below and above the waist to assure a great fit and clean silhouette.

Here is a close-up of the top half of the dress. The front is also darted near the bust giving the dress a great, comfortable fit. The neckline is v-neck but you can tell from the pictures on their website and from my picture above that the neckline is still conservative and not too revealing.
Designs by Kara Kihm is perfect for any woman looking for the perfect and unique gameday dress that no one else will have!
If you're not in need of a gameday dress, DBKK also has other gorgeous offerings. Think horse races, tea parties, baby showers, weddings, and any other event where a pretty dress is a must! I am obsessed with the above dresses-- The Amanda and the Lily. How perfect are both of them? I cannot wait to do an OOTD post featuring my gameday dress so you can all see how perfect it is on!!

Are you ready to do gameday in style? Don't you just love all of Kara Kihm's beautiful creations?! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

10 comments:

Bethany said...

Very pretty!! I'll have to check out this designer.

Anonymous said...

Such cute dresses! I wish they had stuff like that back when I was in college.

Legally Brunette Kate said...

ahhh these dresses are so so cute! Thanks for sharing!

legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

Designs by Kara Kihm said...

Great Post :) Thanks so much! So glad you are loving it! Can you send me a pic wearing the dress and I will add it to my Etsy site? Would be cute to have a game day dress featured on the site!

Lulu {The Home You Make} said...

LOVE these dresses, thank you for sharing!

Tallahassee Belle said...

I cannot wait for football season to begin!! I've spent the whole summer for looking for cute garnet and gold outfits to wear to gameday!! These dresses would be perfect.

kCa
magnoliasandmasonjars.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

beautiful!! checking out her site now =]

Unknown said...

these dresses are all gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

-Alyssa

My Life as A Plate said...

I won the Fair dress and love it! it is so well made and looks great on! I have already gotten a lot of use out of it.

I cannot wait to purchase another item.

Lindsey said...

These are gorgeous!! Thanks for the new designer. Can't wait to check her out.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure