Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fall Essentials Part 4: The Cocktail Dress


Everyone has their go-to cocktail dress when they want to feel "sexy", but do you have a go-to cocktail appropriate dress that you could wear to absolutely any function that requires "cocktail attire"? (Meaning not too low-cut or revealing or not seasonal). Well, the Meg dress by the Annie Griffin Collection is the perfect dress for just that.
This dress is perfect because the sleeves are 3/4 length making it seasonally appropriate for spring, summer, winter, and fall! It's also great because the fabric is perfect for any season as well. There are no gaudy embellishments added, but just a very cute but subtle bow accent on the pocket.
Who doesn't love a good bow?! The bow adds some "fun" to the dress without being too overwhelming.
The sleeves at the shoulder and towards the end of the sleeve are gathered together to create a fun and updated silhouette which is perfect for any young woman. The rest of the Meg dress has an A-line cut which is classic and flattering for most body shapes.
The dress is fully lined making it great quality that will last a long time. You could wear this to work by day and go right out at night without even changing. This is the best part of the dress: versatility. Just add some fun jewelry or heels and you're ready for a night out. Or wear it to church during the colder months with tights and flats and a strand of pearls.
Another great part about the Annie Griffin Collection? They have many dresses with classic silhouettes and colors to choose from. There's a dress for everyone, making it the 4th Fall Essential in my Fall Essentials Collection. I can't wait to feature the Meg dress in an OOTD when I get back to school. I can already envision this being worn to date functions, networking events, presentations, and out with friends! Have you shopped Annie Griffin? What is your favorite style? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

8 comments:

prince snow farm said...

I am jealous of all the places you find to actually wear these things!

Emily said...

Love the little bow pocket!

xx Emily @ Laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That bow is adorable, I might order that dress right now!

Lauren @
dcgirlinpearls.wordpress.com

Rebecca said...

so cute! Love it!

Fash Boulevard said...

adore this. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my Fash Fave and Fash Fail for the week and see pictures from my Rachel Zoe encounter. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

omg I die over that little pocket!!

and I just found your blog..LOVE! esp the pik and green gop elephant:)

Kate said...

This dress is adorable! Love the pocket!

Ali said...

I love this little pink dress, I feel like its something straight out of my childhood dreams! I wish I had a place to wear it, knowing me I'd sport it just to feel extra girly one day.
xo

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure