Monday, March 3, 2014

Leather Pants





Pants (also here)/ Heels (similar here and here)

So I never thought I would wear leather pants. Ever. But never say never, right? I pulled the trigger on these Club Monaco leggings and never looked back. Truth be told, I love them. They're super thick so they are more like pants than leggings and I love that they are only 'leather' in the front. They make me feel chic and young, and sometimes how an outfit makes you feel is all that matters!

When they arrived on my doorstep, I tried them on and when my dad saw them, he called them 'hooker pants'. Granted, both of my parents are very traditional and conservative (apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?) but this post is all about showing my dad that leather leggings don't have to look ridiculously trendy or inappropriate. What do you think? 

Just an FYI: Club Monaco is having a major sale. You can take an extra 50% off using code 'clearance'. I am loving this top (just $25!!) and this coat ($120). 

Also, I had too much fun editing these photos with VSCO cam, an app that has a bunch of really neat filters. If you'd like to see the photos without filters, check them out on the Summer Wind Facebook page! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, NO!

Portuguese Prepster said...

hahah hooker pants! that is too funny. They look very stylish and classic in the outfit you put together!

Unknown said...

I love leather pants too, as I tweeted to you my dad isn't a huge fan of them too, guess it's kind of a dad thing!

xo
Alex
preppy-therapy.blogspot.com

Dana said...

I'm so nervous to take the plunge on leather leggings, but I love how you paired them with a blazer. I would wear them with a super oversized cashmere sweater! Also VSCOcam is my favorite app! That's how I edit all of my photos!

Pink Champagne Problems

Sarah Adiutori said...

I was debating whether or not to buy leather leggings last week and was on the fence, I thought they might end up looking too trendy, but I love how you styled them!! It has totally changed my mind and now I am on the hunt for the perfect pair for myself :)

Lauren said...

I love those leather pants, that whole outfit looks great!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Hayley Roderick said...

Love these pants so much! They are really in this season! dailydoseofdarling.com

Andrea said...

If you dont mind me asking, what size did you order. They are non returnable on shopbop so i was hoping your size could help me gauge what size to purchase. Thanks!!!!

Seersucker Sass said...

I LOVE your look! I purchased some leather leggings in October, and I'm still struggling to style them. Thanks for the inspiration!

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

Anonymous said...

I don't think they're hooker pants, but they're probably a little "too much" for me. I'd definitely wear them for Halloween though!

Anonymous said...

Think Southern Belle, not Biker Chic!

Anonymous said...

Love the look! I love leather pants/leggings too...when styled right they look so chic!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure