Tuesday, March 4, 2014

How I Style My Hair


The #1 most asked question I get is how I curl my hair. It's honestly so easy! I've tried to explain in the past, but above are the exact products I use to achieve my hairstyle. 

Dryer/ Wet Brush/ Spray/ Curling Iron (mine is old, this is the most current version)

1. Spray the It's a 10 product into freshly washed, damp hair. I do 3-5 squirts (I have a lot of hair).

2. Brush through with a wet brush (best brush ever). 

3. I blow dry my hair with the Hana Air blow dryer. There is no technique to this, I just wave the dryer around until my entire head is dry. 

4. Then I split my hair into two sections. Put on section clipped to the top of my head and get to work on the bottom section. 

5. I start in the middle of a strand and curl away from my face. Hold for about 5 seconds, and then let go. I do this for my entire head. This YouTube video is similar to the curling technique that I use. Also note, I never tease my hair. My hair is so thick and has so much volume on it's own, it would be ridiculous for me to do any teasing. Sometimes, I actually take a straightener towards the roots to flatten my hair because it is so voluminous and thick.

6. I brush out the curls because my curl holds a curl so well that I look like Shirley Temple before I brush it out. Then I fix the curls with my fingers, not a brush. 


Voila! There you have it! Do you have any curling tips or techniques that you swear by? Have a fabulous day!

Yours,

8 comments:

Victoria Norris said...

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!
- Victoria
http://victorialnorris.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I love your hair! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin
thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

Your hair always looks gorgeous! My hair is very thick as well so I don't tease either! Plus I am not skilled enough to know how to tease haha

Jubilee said...

Oh my gosh you are the Patron Saint of great hair! Thanks SO much for posting!

Alexandra
jubileeparties.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I follow a similar technique for curling my hair, but can offer a tip for ladies like me who are not as blessed in the volume department as you! :) I don't brush out my curls, but instead flip my head over, spray a little volumizing hairspray, and crunch the bottoms of my hair up a bit. Then I tidy up the look once I'm right side up. Although the curls do fall, doing this keeps air in my hair a little bit longer.

Kristin Thompson said...

I need to try this because your hair always looks perfect! Also I've been really wanting to try It's a 10!

Kristin
Crumbs & Curls

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I have very straight, fine hair, but lots of it. Needless to say, it doesn't hold a curl very well. My hairdresser always does a good job curling it, though, and I have struggled practicing myself! Might have to check out that YouTube video!

Unknown said...

So funny, I was totally going to ask if you could post about how to do your hair! Love it. I use the same technique as well. I have super thick, voluminous hair just like you, so I know the pains of taming it! I just recently started blow drying my hair with a round brush and it makes it so silky and much easier to deal with. Love your posts as always!

-eDk

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure