Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Banana Republic


I spotted this ensemble in a Banana Republic pamphlet that was filed in the 'junk mail' pile at my house. Normally, I'm not a Banana Republic shopper, but the fact that Marissa Webb is now on board (who spent over 10 years at J. Crew) gave me reason to leaf through the pamphlet and then the above photo gave me reason enough to head to their website. I think that this is the simplest yet chicest outfits. It reminds me a lot of this outfit I wore in the early spring with these pants (Club Monaco's bringing them back again this season...they fit true to size!).  I totally plan on scooping up the grey marled sweater from BR to literally copy this outfit. Besides the fact that the pants are 'leather', it's really a very basic and classic outfit. I like that the leather makes it a bit edgier. 


I also love how they show the leather pants styled online. The look is relaxed and casual but still has a fashionable and put together look. Definitely the perfect weekend look. I'm excited for the things to come for Banana Republic. I feel like Marissa Webb is already starting to rub off! 

Both of these styles are super easy to achieve and affordable, too. Here's what you'll need:

button down shirt 



sneakers



grey sweater 


So what do you think of the look? Are you a Banana Republic shopper? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

4 comments:

Kristin Thompson said...

Both looks are very chic! I need to go check out Banana Republic!

Kristin
Crumbs & Curls

Lindsay said...

This is an awesome discovery! I definitely don't shop there either but am definitely going to start- thanks for the info!
~Lindsay

Gabriela said...

I was actually JUST thinking about that look of yours from last spring. I loved it so much and have been bummed ever since that I didn't purchase the pants while they were on sale! Definitely going to invest this season- I think a whole 6 months of thinking about them justifies it :)

Angela Duke said...

I got this in the mail and seriously had the exact same thought. Love that side zip sweater.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure