Thursday, October 9, 2014

Favorite Polish Colors



All throughout high school and college, I would paint my nails myself except for things like Homecoming or a sorority date function. Truly, in high school, I didn't often have polish on my nails because we weren't allowed during cheerleading season. Then, in college, there wasn't really a great nail salon in the area. When I graduated, I had tried my first gel manicure and I have been hooked ever since. At first I would try and go every other month and just do my nails myself in between, but at this point, It's become an every two week thing for me. 
Just like a daily stop at Starbucks, it adds up, but it really makes me feel put together. Not to mention, there is nothing that drives me crazier than a chip in my polish. I love that with gel, that just doesn't happen. Anyways, my two all time favorite polish colors are Bubble Bath and Big Apple Red. I always ask for 3 coats with Bubble Bath for a little more of an opaque pink. This is great because you can't see the grow out too badly. The red color is the best red. I feel like I've literally tried every red in the book and this one is just perfect. 
What are your absolute favorite polish colors? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

7 comments:

katelyn may said...

I LOVE wearing gel nail polish because it stays on for so long. I'm a fanatic about having nicely painted nails and it's a great way to always have them painted. One of my favorites will always be Essie's turquoise & caicos, but it's more of a spring/summer color. Classic light pink is another great one!

Xo, Katelyn // asprinkleofkate.blogspot.com

Jillian said...

Love the colors you chose! I'll have to try a gel manicure because I've heard nothing but great things!!

Jillian
www.rejoiceinthejourney.com

Unknown said...

I love Mod About You and Cajun Shrimp. I love the Big Apply Red too!

Seersucker Sass said...

I LOVE Big Apple Red! One of my go-tos, as well :)

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Two of my favorite colors as well! I also love OPI's Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ & Essie's Bachelorette Bash & Midnight Cami.

My Life as A Plate said...

I agree, having your nails done makes you feel so put together. I always get bubble bath gel too. I also like the opaque look so lately I have been getting two coats of bubble bath and one coat of funny bubby as the middle coat. You need to try it!

Anonymous said...

You should do a post on how you budget your $.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure