Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lately 11/12


Wearing: I've been using my Monogrammed Barrington Gifts tote for weeks now and have been getting so many compliments. I love going on the site and creating all different custom patterns and choices. This would be such a good personalized gift for anyone!

Reading: I just finished All the Light We Cannot See and am actually sad that the book is over. It was so good and I urge everyone to read it! I'm looking for book recommendations. I usually like something quick and easy because it is what I like to unwind with at the end of the day. 

Eating: Acorn stuffed squash. This is legitimately one of the best meals ever, I suggest it to everyone. It's not to hard to make, either! 

Drinking: Sparkling water. I love carbonated beverages (hence my love for champagne) and my favorite sparkling water is Pellegrino. It is so refreshing!

Listening: Who thinks it is too early for Christmas music? Part of me does-- but there's another part of me that will sneak a song here or there. I'll be posting my Christmas spotify playlist shortly, but you can preview it, here. My favorite Pandora holiday stations are: Wynton Marsalis Holiday, Harry Connick Jr. Holiday, Frank Sinatra Holiday and David Benoit Holiday.

Watching: If you haven't had a chance, be sure to check out my Holiday TV Guide that went up yesterday! 

It's about that time for all of the holiday campaigns. I love seeing what agencies have up their sleeves during this time of year. A few favorites so far:
  • John Lewis holiday advert 2015. John Lewis, a British department store chain, crushes it every year and this year is no different. You won't see this on American TV, but those in England are sure to see it! 
  • Glade's holiday campaign is out, and has a very similar message as John Lewis's campaign. Glade did such a good job last year, and I really like this commercial! 
  • Mulberry's ad is so funny! Their ad last year was great, but I think this one takes the cake! 
Pittsburgh-ing: If you are in the Pittsburgh area, UPMC Health Plan has partnered with Uber Pittsburgh, and you can get a free ride in their #purplecar. Learn more here

Sale-ing: Talbots Friends and Family sale has been extended to go through the 15th. You get 30% off your entire purchase. Club Monaco is having a sale offering 40% off of coats, hats, and gloves. You can get some really good deals-- their coats are to die for! J.Crew is having 25% off, 30% if you use your J.Crew Card using code SHOPTOIT. I like to stock up on basics when they have a sale like this! 

Gifting: Scroll through above to see some of my favorite coffee table books. They're a great choice for the gal that has everything! My first gift guide went up this week, you can see it here. Yesterday evening, I also updated the scrolling gift guides to your left and added some gifts for the guys in! Next week I'll have a full gift guide for guys up!




Loving: I got this skirt while I was in New York and have been wearing it non-stop. The quality is off the charts and the thickness of the wool makes the skirt warm and cozy. I would have never given it a second look while browsing on line, but seeing it in person, it really is a show stopping piece! 

2 comments:

Daily Golf Clothing said...

That monogrammed tote is a perfect personalized gift idea and I really like the Ottalina skirt.

Kate Losee said...

Bawled yet again at the John Lewis ad...they really are amazing every year. Also, I saw this and thought you would enjoy! - http://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/a4269/drinking-champagne-dementia-alzheimers/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure