Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

memorial day and fourth of july outfit inspiration



Gingham Heels// Pear Studs ($8, perfect for wearing at beach/pool)// Whale Hat

memorial day and 4th of july outfit ideas



I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. If you are getting this extra day off, I hope you are spending it enjoying and if you are traveling, I wish you safe travels! 

Today I rounded up some of my favorite red, white, and blue items. I always love to dress in our nation's colors on holidays to show support for our country.

I think sometimes it is easy to forget why we get this extra day off. There are so many other distracting things going on: the unofficial kick-off to summer, school is out, the pools are opening, the 'white rule' is being lifted, lots of great sales are happening, an extra day off from work; the list goes on. 

The reason that this is a long weekend and today is a national holiday is to remember those who have died serving our country. We are so lucky to be able to safely gather with family and friends on this long weekend and every day of the year thanks to the brave men and women who gave their lives while serving the country. 

I hope you'll join in remembering them at some point during your day. At 3pm there is a national moment for remembrance; if you are able to join, I encourage you to do so. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure