Monday, May 2, 2016

Tea at the Frick Pittsburgh in a Midi Skirt











A few Sundays ago, a group of ladies got together for afternoon tea at The Frick in Pittsburgh! I hadn't been to The Frick in a while (last post here) and it was such a nice treat, Not to mention an absolutely perfect day (weather wise)! 

The Frick is a group of museums on 5+ acres in Point Breeze. The museum is based around the life of industrialist, Henry Clay Frick. His mansion has been restored and turned into a museum along with a large greenhouse, a beautiful 'garage' with antique cars, and an art musem. There is also a charming cafe right on the beautifully manicured grounds. 

I had been for brunch before, so I was very excited to experience their tea service and it did not dissappoint. I did the 'Royal' service which included champagne. Finger sandwiches, scones, sweet treats and tea were also included and everything we had was delicious (especially the egg salad finger sandwiches). I had the Paris tea, which is one of my favorites-- it's a black tea with some light fruity undertones. I defintiely think this is a must for any Pittsburgh and would be especially fun when celebrating a birthday/shower/etc. 

I wore this gorgeous midi skirt. It's under $60 and I am so in love. I actually bought it expecting it to be low quality/ill fitting and I was so wrong! I just love everything about it. The quality is much better than I expected, the fabric is slightly textured which gives it a very luxe look. Not to mention the little metallic details are fun... it's defintiely seasonless, which makes it even better! The sizing on this skirt is a little off. Typically, in this style of skirt, I'd wear a 2, but sized all the way up to a six. I definitely suggest sizing up at least 2 sizes! 

The shoes I am wearing are by Emy Mack... the brand was born here in Pittsburgh and I had a chance to visit their showroom/boutique a few weeks ago. It's right on Filbert Street in Shadyside and the boutique is gorgeous. I'll be doing a full post about the experience soon! The shoes are majorly comfortable.. I walked all around The Frick grounds and my feet were totally fine the entire time! I especially think this is amazing because pointed-toe-pumps are usually the type of shoes that hurt the most for me! 

I brought the suede jacket along with me in case it got chilly in the shade and it was definitely a good idea! I love the way it gives a little bit of edge/modernity to this otherwise classic, ladylike look. I bought it the second I saw it. I had been looking for a tan suede jacket and when I saw this on sale (and then with an extra 40% off,) it was almost like it was too good to be true. When I received it, it fit like a glove, so needless to say I couldn't be more pleased! I think I paid something like $165 and that's a major steal for a well-made suede jacket! Other comparable jackets run upwards of $750-$1500+!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing midi skirt! Stunning look.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure