Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Getaway Outfit

preppy outfit featuring sail to sable dress and jack rogers sandals

Mark and Graham Monogrammed Leather Weekender

Sail to Sable sleeveless tunic dress

linen shift dress tunic and monogrammed leather weekender bag

lisi lerch tassel earrings and ray ban clubmaster sunglasses

mark and graham leather weekender and jack rogers sandals

preppy travel outfit for airplane

These tunic shifts have always been a favorite in my closet. I collect them (check out this green version, here). They are a piece that I feel very comfortable and confident in. From vacationing to work, and everything in between, I think this dress always works (also comes in pink!)!

I don't usually travel in dresses because they are typically uncomfortable, however, I always feel comfortable traveling in this tunic dress! In fact, I am headed to Napa in a few weeks (so excited!!). I have a non-stop flight (which is a rarity for flying out of Pittsburgh, major YAY!) and I am going to wear this exact outfit while traveling.

I just got this leather weekender from Mark and Graham. I think it is the best travel bag I've ever experienced. It has everything you could ever want and is the perfect size. Not to mention, the buttery soft leather and stylish but classic shape with subtle gold monogram make me feel like I should be hopping on my own private plane ;)

I carry-on a lot when I am flying. Not necessarily because I overpack, but because I carry on all of my 'valuables'. I take my computer, sometimes my iPad, my camera/lenses/accessories, all of my jewelry, my makeup (so I would have it in case my luggage were to get lost), and my handbags. Truthfully, it's kind of annoying to have to carry all of it, so I try my best to be as organized as possible. This weekender bag completely helps with organization as it has a zipped pocket, an iPad/computer pocket and then there are pockets within the zipped portion. There is also a pocket on the outside front of the bag for easy access. I love that it zips for extra security. It has a removable shoulder strap but also has large handles for holding.

Truly, if I were to have designed my own carry-on bag, this would be it. I couldn't imagine a more stylish, well-made, but also functional bag! I cannot wait to use it! I also think it's great for quick weekend trips. For example, this past weekend I went to Kentucky for my sister's graduation and only needed a few outfits. This bag was the perfect size to hold everything! 

4 comments:

Dana said...

Love it, girl! That weekender would be SO perfect for my upcoming trip to Chicago!

Pink Champagne Problems

dashofclass said...

Love you bag. It looks perfect for traveling!
Great post!
xo,
Mary
thedashofclass.com

Erin said...

I love this look!

Her Heartland Soul
herheartlandsoul.com

Unknown said...

Oh wow! This weekender is so perfect. Not to mention - yes! - you do look like you should be hopping on your own private plane! Ha! Enjoy Napa :)

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure