Friday, July 22, 2016

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Wear-To-Work Picks

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Wear-To-Work Picks








Alright, everyone, today is the day! You can now shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale whether you are a card holder or not! It's a free for all, so act fast. This is this biggest shopping day of the sale, so it's important to check out ASAP or your items might sell out! The prices officially go back up on August 8th.

I've shared a lot of my favorites from the Nordstrom Sale already. You can read about my personal favorites here and then my gift-guide here! I've also styled this ruffled top and you can see a more fall-appropriate look here (you can find product info here). 

Today I am sharing some of my favorite wear-to-work staples. I styled this gorgeous lace shell and tweed mini as a desk-to-drinks look. I absolutely love this tweed skirt. It came out last year, and I got it then, too. It's a great, versatile piece. You can wear it out at night but also to work. Not to mention it looks great with tights in the winter. The entire skirt is somewhat stretchy/flexible so it really sucks you in which makes for a flattering look. The thick waistband is also slimming and figure flattering. It runs true to size for a figure hugging fit. 

I am in a size 4. I'm always between a 2 and 4 in skirts, but this skirt is really fitted, so I got the 4 and it fits like a glove. The lace tank is a classic staple that you can wear now and into the fall. It runs slightly big, so if between sizes, size down. I am in an XS. I've pulled some more of my favorite wear-to-work pieces from the sale below! 

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Wear-To-Work Picks

Classic Trench Coat// Trench coats are usually pretty pricey regardless of brand or where you buy from. I have one from Brooks Brothers that I just love and wear all the time. It's somewhat seasonless and works on the weekend and weekdays. I really love this option because the subtle leather trim gives it a chic, updated look and it is very affordable compared to other trench coat options!

Tweed Pencil Mini Skirt// This is one of my #Nsale picks 

Black Sheath Dress// Part conservative, but also part sexy, this is a great wear-to-work dress, but also a great evening dress depending on how you style it. The cut is so ladylike, but the shape of the dress accentuates your curves, making it a gorgeous piece! Pair it with classic black pumps and pearls for a beautiful wear-to-work ensemble, or strappy sandals and statement earrings to wear out to dinner! 

Wrap Watch// A watch is a staple for both men and women. I am definitely a watch person, so I have a lot, but in most cases, I'm always wearing my Cartier tank watch. However, I absolutely love (and want) the Hermes Cape Cod Double Tour watch. It's a beautiful classic-- one day! This watch looks so similar and at $116, it definitely won't break the bank. 

Leopard Belt// If you work in a conservative office and want to add a dose of 'fun' to your outfit, I think a leopard print belt is a great, but subtle way to do so. I love wearing all black and adding the leopard belt for that 'pop' that all black sometimes needs! I also love a leopard belt with a crisp white button down shirt and dark skinny jeans. It's such a classic look but not bland! 

Cashmere Waterfall Cardigan// This is a great price and you'll get an even better price per wear. I like to keep a cardigan just like this on the back of my chair. Whether the air conditioning is on full blast or it's snowing outside, a cozy cashmere sweater is just what you need. Buy it in a neutral so it will go with whatever you have on at work! It's also the perfect loungewear piece, too, because it looks great with leggings and a tee! 

**There's also a less pricey cashmere wrap (under $100!) which is also a great option for keeping at your desk. It's 1/3 the price of my favorite cashmere wrap and it's the exact same size. I'd go for a neutral like the oatmeal, gray, or black, but I also love the blush shade for a pop of color!

Diamond Studs// Besides pearl studs, diamond studs are my go-to earrings for everyday wear. My dad gave me gorgeous real diamond studs when I was 14, but I don't wear them on an everyday basis, just because it makes me nervous. I have a few pair of CZ studs that I like to wear. For example, I'll wear the CZ studs while traveling/on vacation, I keep a pair at my desk because I always forget earrings in the morning, and keep an extra pair in my arsenal because I'm prone to losing earrings. This option is a great price, and if real diamond studs aren't within your budget, these are 'believable' because they're only 2 carats total weight, which are what my real diamond studs are (that means you have a carat on each ear!). I also like these as a cheaper option and they're more 'fun'! 

Nude Wedge// A nude wedge is a wardrobe staple whether it is for work or play! I personally prefer a wedge whenever I can get away with it because it is much more comfortable than a regular pump. I love the peep toe on these and the embellishment at the toe (there's a closed-toe option, too!). The price for the quality and brand is a really good buy, too. They also come in navy and black, which I think are both great neutral shades for the office! 

Leather Tote// I love love love this simple tan leather bag. Whether you are commuting or traveling a lot for work, a leather tote is an absolute essential. When buying a leather tote, I always make sure it is large enough to fit my computer, and this one is! It's a quality, neutral piece that's definitely worth the price. 

2 comments:

Sally said...

that trench is on my Anni sale to buy list!

Lauren said...

That really is such a great work outfit and I love that skirt!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure