Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Old Navy: 50 Styles 50 States

old navy outfit at the west end overlook in pittsburgh pa

chambray outfit from old navy in pittsburgh


old navy chambray shirt

pittsburgh the city of bridges in old navy outfit

old navy cardigan with a boyfriend tee and rockstar jeans

Old Navy Cardigan with striped tee and rockstar skinny jeans and grey booties on a pittsburgh bridge

pittsburgh pennsylvania bridges

old navy boyfriend tee and rockstar skinny jeans

old navy boyfriend tee and rockstar skinny jeans in Pittsburgh

old navy cardigan and boyfriend tee and rockstar skinny jeans in pittsburgh

old navy in pittsburgh pennsylvania

Today I'm partnering with Old Navy for their 50 Styles 50 States campaign! I'm so excited to be representing Pennsylvania (and Pittsburgh). You all know how much love I have for my city, so I really loved the concept behind the campaign! 

I definitely think the way we dress is representative of where we grew up or where we live. For example, for the first 18 years of my life, I would have laughed if anyone ever told me I was going to be wearing cowboy boots. Fast forward to my 4 years in college and I had multiple pairs and wore them all the time. The southern influence (I went to school in Virginia) had taken over my closet! 

During the late 1800's-mid 1900's, Pittsburgh was a prominent steel town. To this day, we are still known as the 'Steel City'. However, now, there are no traces of the smog that once was. Currently, Pittsburgh is rich with history, culture, and amazing food. 

For the most part, Pittsburgh is really easy-going, laid back, unpretentious, and classic. I definitely think that the classic aspect of Pittsburgh has influenced the way I dress. I don't quickly adopt trends and always tend to stick to timeless pieces. I had no idea how many wardrobe staples and classic pieces Old Navy carried. When I went in, I was blown away by all of the options! I loved that they had basic tees in all different colors and fits, jeans for all body types, and even great outerwear pieces. 

I was able to easily choose outfits that were classic and fit in perfectly with my style. Not to mention, I picked up pieces that I knew would be perfect for a Pittsburgh fall. Think neutrals and comfortable pieces that are versatile in any situation. 

The fall in Pittsburgh is a gorgeous time of year. The leaves are changing and the temperatures are taking a dip. In September and October, you never know what the weather will be, so layers are always key. Especially because a lot of fall events in Pittsburgh happen outside, like Steeler games, Oktoberfest, and pumpkin patches! 

I loved this grey cardigan because I was able to mix and match it with lots of different things already in my wardrobe. You all know I love a good navy and white striped tee and I was pleasantly surprised Old Navy had a great option that was inexpensive! This type of tee is something I live in year round and I loved the casual vibe it took on when paired with the chambray shirt (kind of like a twist on a Canadian tuxedo). I also love the boyfriend tee. It's so versatile in that it is great for lounging around the house, but also looks great with jeans for a weekend look!

The denim is my favorite piece that I picked up. They are called the rockstar skinny jeans. As soon as I tried them on, I was sold. Not only do they fit perfectly, but they are beyond comfortable. In Pittsburgh, you have to do a lot of walking, and cross a lot of bridges (there are over 400 bridges, making it the city with the most bridges in the entire world!) and these jeans are perfect for an active lifestyle!

And lastly, the booties that I chose are beyond comfortable. I had been looking for a grey suede bootie for a while, and these were perfect! A great shoe for tailgating, pumpkin picking, and cider drinking!

Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. Be sure to check out the other looks from those around the country and submit your own Old Navy State Style look using the hashtags: #50styles50states, #OldNavyStyle on social media!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That is such a great idea for a campaign and I love all the outfits you styled!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Unknown said...

I really in love with the outfit ����

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure