Friday, March 24, 2017

Little White Dress Under $100






With all of the Bahamas posts this week, I am dreaming of going somewhere warm again. It's been really chilly here this week, but looking ahead, it looks like Pittsburgh might be done with the worst (knock on wood). These photos were taken right outside of Atlantis's Royal Towers. It's the classic image you think of when thinking of Atlantis. Everything is so grand, I definitely wanted to capture that (see my full Atlantis post, here)!

If white was considered a 'color', it'd be one of my favorites, that's for sure. I wear so much white and it looks good on everyone. I especially love wearing all white during the summer months. It's so crisp and clean. And white dresses? They're my absolute favorite. I actually don't buy too many, because, at my age, I can't really wear them to a lot of the functions I am invited to such as weddings and bridal showers. So I don't like to spend too much on them and I also make sure they're super casual so I can wear them more for every day, rather than for occasions! 

This one totally fit the bill, that's for sure. It's simple and classic but definitely has a 'young' twist with the dropped waist and slight flounce hem. But it also keeps things classic with an a-line silhouette and subtle v-neck. The waffle texture of the fabric elevates it and makes it look and feel pricier than it actually is (under $100!). 

I decided to toss on this silk scarf to add some interest and color. It was tied on my raffia tote, but right before the photos, I thought it was the perfect thing to add around my neck! As for sizing, I am wearing a size small, but I really think it runs big, so size down if you can! 

1 comment:

Tess Felber_Sequins are the New Black said...

Atlantis is sooo dreamy and this dress/ scarf combo is just perfect!
xx Tess | Sequins are the New Black

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure