Monday, April 24, 2017

A Post with My Mom

Photo overload today! Keep scrolling! 










On Mom:

On Me:

We are just three weeks away from Mother's Day! It's kind of hard to think of what to get your mom, isn't it? I mean, there is really nothing in the world you can give to her to ever let her know how much you truly appreciate and love her. However, there are definitely some good gifts and fun things that you can surprise her with to make her day as special as she is.

I did a post with my mom this past fall and we had so much fun doing it. It's kind of tough not living at home and seeing my parents every day. I really love them and am so close to them, so any opportunity to hang out with them is a good one. This time, we styled outfits from Talbot's spring collection that just launched today! I'd also love for you to check out the Style Stories page on the Talbots website that features my mom and me! I am sharing how my mom has influenced my style and you can see some great throwback photos of us (like the one above)! 

In fact, this past weekend, my parents came to my place for cocktails and then we walked to the William Penn Hotel for drinks and then headed to dinner at the Capital Grill. The weather was cooler than it has been, but it was such a gorgeous night to walk around the city. At the William Penn, there was a really great jazz trio playing. My parents made friends with the musicians and they were talking about jazz artists that they loved. I chimed in letting them know that I really love Ahmad Jamal (who was originally from Pittsburgh). The musicians couldn't hide how shocked they were that I not only loved jazz but knew and loved Ahmad Jamal. 

It's the little things like my love and appreciation of all kinds of music that my parents passed down to me throughout the years. I look up to them in so many ways and love learning from them. In this case, my mom has always guided and influenced my style. 

I can remember her starting me out young with dresses... she said that I always wanted to wear dresses when I was young. Then, as I grew older into middle school and high school, I started to dress much more casually. However, as I look back, my mom definitely helped me to keep my classic, timeless style, even through my awkward years, and for that, I can't thank her enough! 

One of the things that we have always agreed on is our love for Talbots. It really is a family affair when it comes to the brand. My mom, grammie, and aunts are known to get together and go to Mt. Lebanon's Galleria and have lunch and then stop into Talbots. We all love it and when we are together, there is a 90% chance that at least one of us is dressed in the brand!

It's one of those brands that looks great on everyone and has something for everyone. Their latest spring collection is gorgeous. It is made up of bright colors but also has some neutrals and my favorite color combo: blue and white. Any of the pieces would make wonderful gifts for your mom- or for the two of you to wear to a Mother's Day brunch!

A big thank you to my mom for always supporting me and being by my side... and especially for doing this post with me! Check out our Style Stories, here!

More Talbots Pieces I Love:

1 comment:

Lexy said...

I have to credit my godfather for my love of jazz - look up Doc Cheatham ---- a trumpeter - performed well into his 80s!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure