Monday, September 25, 2017

Fall Style With My Cousin Michael










On Me:



On Michael:
Khaki Chinos// American Flag Belt 

Today, I'm so excited to introduce all of you to my cousin, Michael. Do you remember when my sister, Callie, left Pittsburgh to move to Charlotte back in February

Well, I was not only super sad she was leaving because she was my sister and I love her, but I was also put in a bit of a predicament because I relied on Callie a lot when it came to Summer Wind. I have always mentioned on here that Summer Wind is not a one woman show- it started out that way, but over the years I've relied on so many others to help Summer Wind get better and grow. 

Well, enter Michael, who is now my right-hand-man! He has been helping me with Summer Wind since March and is SO helpful and wonderful! 

Michael is my cousin on my mom's side and is currently a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh. He's going to school for physical therapy. His sister, (also my cousin) Paige, is a senior at Pitt and going to be a PA! They're both so smart and accomplished and I'm so proud of them! To snap the photos of Michael and I together, Paige took a stab at photography and did a darn good job, don't you think?

Since Michael has been so amazing behind the camera, I thought it would be fun to get him dressed up and switch sides (especially because I don't often share men's clothing)! Doesn't he look SO cute?! He looks like such a gentleman and he is just that- truly a person of good character-so smart and funny, too. He's a hard worker and learned the ropes so quickly. He's always a good sport and always willing to make time for me.

Another thing I love about working with Michael is that I get to see him (and Paige) more often than we probably usually would. I see Michael almost every week, and it's so fun to catch up with him. I always say he keeps me young- up to date with the latest in music, etc. And, with Callie gone, it's so nice to have them close by- they literally live 10 minutes away from me and it's so fun to just meet them for lunch on campus! 

We dressed Michael in a cute fall outfit- something slightly more dressed up than what he'd typically wear to an early morning class, but they're all closet staples for a guy at any age: A nice button down shirt, crisp chino pants, a classic belt, and a fleece pullover. I loved the fleece pullover so much, he's lucky I didn't try to steal it for myself :) 

Since we were on the University of Pittsburgh's campus, I thought I would choose something that I love right now, but also something I would have worn in college. I loved every minute of my college experience and miss it. It's really fun to get a chance to step back onto a beautiful campus and get that wonderful 'fall collegiate feel'. The real star in my outfit is this shep shirt. I'm a huge fan of shep shirts- I got my first one when I was in college and have since started a bit of a collection. I have everything from the Pittsburgh one to a summer pink one to a holiday plaid one to a monogrammed one. I love each one in their own way, but this one is the best yet! It's roomy (runs true to size, I'm wearing a size small), is fleece lined (lightly, not bulky), is lower in the back (so it works perfectly with leggings), and has a pouch pocket in the front. This sweatshirt is totally something every gal needs in their closet! I have been wearing mine almost daily since I got it.

A big thank you to Michael for being such a good sport/model and always doing such a good job with Summer Wind,  and to Paige for snapping the photos. Another big thank you to Vineyard Vines for outfitting us for this post!

3 comments:

Lori said...

He's so cute! Do you even have a bad looking family member?! Cute post.

Anonymous said...

I just got my son (who is a senior at Penn) the pullover. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

so is your cousin single or...?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure