Tuesday, October 17, 2017

What I Wore at Nemacolin II

Today I'm sharing another round of what I wore while at Nemacolin. You can see the first post, here. I'm sharing another casual outfit and a dressier outfit. Today's post has many more photos than usual, so please keep scrolling! 





Quilted Jacket (c/o, under $200)// Cream Sweater (c/o, under $65)
Shop the Look:

This first outfit is what I wore on Sunday morning. We grabbed some coffee and enjoyed the brisk morning. We had been having unseasonably warm days in Pittsburgh, so it was so wonderful to have a truly 'fall' feel in the air! I wanted to wear something simple and comfortable because I also knew I'd be in the car for a bit before we got back to Pittsburgh.

I've raved about these jeans before, but really they are so comfortable. They are jeans, but really feel more like your favorite pair of leggings. They are super high waisted so they really suck you in. The ankle is very skinny so they're the perfect jeans for tucking into boots and booties! They run true to size, although a bit big in the waist, so if you are in between sizes, I suggest sizing down. I'm wearing a size 2.

This sweater is something I've been wearing non-stop. It's such a classic closet staple. At under $65, it's just a great basic to have on hand year round.

And lastly, isn't this navy blue quilted coat just gorgeous? It makes me feel as though I should be vacationing in the English country side! I love the details such as the corduroy collar and the classic tartan lining. It's the perfect coat for fall and spring. If you live in the south, it would probably make the perfect winter coat. It's lightly padded but not something I'd suggest wearing in snowy conditions! One of my favorite things about this jacket is that it is slightly longer than the Annandale  jacket. It's also more fitted so it gives you a nice, tailored shape.





Cap-Toe Slingback Shoes// Lip Color (in 200 night berry)
Chanel Bag (similar)// Flower Earrings (c/o)
Shop the Look:

This outfit is a bit fancier, don't you think?! I have worn this lace top SO much lately. It's the perfect dressier top that you can pair with both jeans and skirts (see me wearing it with a skirt, here). I wore this outfit while lounging in the beautiful Chateau Lafayette Tea room and enjoying a cocktail from the lobby bar. It was the perfect balance of dressy, but also comfortable and not over-the-top. 

I don't typically think of myself as trendy, but I felt very on-trend in my Victorian style top and velvet pants. I actually think velvet pants are timeless. I've worn them for years- even when my mom was still dressing my sister and I! However, since velvet is very on trend right now, there are SO many velvet pant options. It's likely your favorite brand of jeans also makes your favorite style in velvet, too!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure