Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Gift Guide 2017: My Wish List


summer wind holiday wish list 2017
So it's kind of weird to be an adult and ask for Christmas presents considering you can pretty much buy yourself whatever you want. I think it's fun to receive little surprises like something you didn't even know you wanted or a little luxury like a pricey lip balm. But, I mean, unless someone is going to gift me a Cartier Love bracelet or puppy (which isn't going to happen, sigh), it's hard for me to not buy for myself (I mean Amazon Prime just makes it way too easy). My mom has been getting annoyed with me in years past because I was too hard to shop for.

So, this year, I promised I would not buy things that I want so friends and family can get me things I actually want for Christmas. So here is my Christmas list- it is exactly what I want. It also happened to be the most requested gift guide of the season! It's a little boring this year- there isn't really a 'big' item I'm asking for. Most of it is just random items!

I also want to note that I never receive everything I ask for and I truly don't need a single thing. I'm happy with what I have, but it's fun to give and to receive during the holiday season, isn't it?! I personally like to share a big list so that way there are a lot of options at different price points and also so I'll be surprised a bit!

Diamonds By The Yard Style Bracelet// I guess this is the 'biggest' thing on my list. I want this bracelet to wear 24/7 as I do with my bezel set diamond solitaire necklace... so they'll 'match'.

Microneedling Tool// This is, apparently, the best thing you can do for your skin. It is tiny needles that you roll over your face every night (painless). The one I am linking to is just $20. There is a popular one that is $200, that also uses light therapy, but so many people/reviews are saying the $20 version does its job just as well (it doesn't light up, though!). I'm always down to try the latest in skincare and this is supposed to help reduce acne scars and is also anti-aging. I also like that it helps your skin to absorb the products you put on it much better! I would typically want to buy the pricier product when it comes to skincare, but since you have to replace the head so often and I don't find myself really 'needing' the light therapy, this one should (hopefully) be perfect!

Charlotte Tilbury Healthy Glow// This gets rave reviews. It's like a tinted moisturizer but it gives you more of a glow like you just went somewhere tropical and really evens out your skin tone. There is just one shade and it apparently works for men and women. I'm so intrigued! 

Amazon Echo- Callie and my parents both have Alexa and I really want 'her' so I can ask her to play my Spotify without having to get up from my desk and so much more!

WiFi Smart Plugs// These work with Amazon Echo so you're able to turn things on and off with your phone. I think it's really clever, too, because you can turn your lights on before you walk in the door at night or if you don't want to get out of bed!

Bum Bum Cream// Callie (my sister) has this and loves it and it also gets really good reviews! It's cream meant for your bum/legs and supposedly makes them look better! It also smells SO good (tropical but not overly strong).

T3 Travel Hair Dryer// Well, in the time between writing this post and it going live, I already bought myself this one (see I told you I do this... sorry, Mom!). I thought I'd leave it on my list just because I think you guys will love it as much as I do. I LOVE my full-size T3 Micro Hairdryer. It works so well (I have super thick hair), is lightweight, and high quality. It majorly cuts down on dry time. I couldn't recommend it more. They make a travel version that's smaller but just as good. I ended up getting this before Paris because it also works in other countries, too (without ruining the dryer or the fuse). If you are looking for a less pricey option, this one gets REALLY good reviews and also works internationally!

Light-Up Vanity Mirror// I have seen these everywhere and love this! I can always use the extra light (does that mean I am getting old?!).

Travel Folding Mirror// This mirror is brilliant. It lays completely flat so if you are traveling or on-the-go, it takes up minimal space, but then you can fold it to sit upright. I can't tell you how many times this would have come in handy for me. Even in a hotel room where you are sharing a bathroom, this would be so handy. I also do my makeup in the car or in an airport bathroom and I would love to have this mirror to travel with! It's beautiful, too!

Dior Addict Lip Glow// I have this in pink and berry, and just ran out of my berry shade. It's hands-down my favorite lip product ever. It's pricey, though, but worth every penny. It's lip balm in beautiful packaging with the most beautiful, natural, subtle hint of color. I want to try the lilac shade but also need a refill of my berry shade!

Body Wrap// I feel like this is kind of a weird item to have on my list but I LOVE those warm weighted wraps they use at spas and this is just that (they have an eye mask version, too, that you can heat or cool)! I can just picture myself with this wrap on my shoulders with a cup of tea while I'm reading a good book. Sounds pretty perfect to me! If you're into this, too, keep an eye on it- it keeps going on sale at Macy's, but I usually prefer to shop at Nordstrom and they'll match the price!

Invisibobble Hair Ties// These really work. They don't crease your hair at all and hold a bun nicely! This is a cute gold set of 3 for just $8!

Ugg Slippers// I am OBSESSED with these slippers. I still have Uggs from high school that I love them and wear them all the time. I want something to keep my feet warm in my apartment that are easy to slip on and off and still have a true sole in case I wear them outdoors for some reason. My second choice is these wicked good slippers. In a slipper, it is important to me that the shearling is true shearling because of its moisture-wicking properties. You'll notice that a lot of other slippers on the market are made with a shearling alternative or faux, even. I find the shearling to be warmer and higher quality. If you are looking for a faux shearling option, though, I really love the look of these. 

Black Ugg Classic Boots// Not going to lie. These are the first shoes I grab when heading to somewhere like pilates or even just out to run errands. It's not the best look, but they are so darn comfortable and warm...there's a reason these have continued to be released year after year. I have had my pairs since high school and want a fresh new black pair so I can wear with leggings while running errands.

Ritz Carlton Robe// I almost immediately ordered myself this after coming back from the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia, but my mom said it would make a good Christmas gift, so I have been holding off but dreaming about this robe for months. It is truly the most comfortable robe I've ever felt.

Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides// You can read all about my love for Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, here. I stopped using it for a few weeks to see if I noticed any changes and no exaggeration when I say my shoulder pain came back. I'm 110% sold on this product. I drink two scoops every single day without fail. I just recently started taking the capsules to see if they work just as well (which is easier for traveling) and so far so good!

Lake Pajamas Set// I LOVE Lake Pajamas. I would wear them out in public if that was appropriate. They are made of the absolute softest cotton and they're just so wonderful to lounge in. They're a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion. I am asking for a long-long set (which is long sleeves and long pants).

Paravel Boxer// I asked for this last Christmas and didn't get it. I love that you can now have it hand monogrammed. I love it in navy with navy initials and plan to keep my makeup in it while traveling!

Ferragamo Headband// Headbands definitely go in and out of style, but I think I'll always be partial to a good headband. I really only like thin ones and this is such a classic.

Stocking Stuffers:
I don't normally ask for stocking stuffers, Santa is really good at this ;), but I figured I might as well make the list so you can all see! 

Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths// These are such a great stocking stuffer. I use one every single day. They are the best cleansing cloths ever! You can read my full post, here.  Since I use one daily, a new pack is always welcome!

Voluspa Candles// I love love love Voluspa. It's definitely one of my top favorite candle brands ever. Right now I am loving the Gilt Pomander and Hinoki, but for year-round scents, I love French Cade Lavender and Moso Bamboo.

Probiotics// This is a weird one, but I take a probiotic daily, so I can always use a new bottle!

Starbucks French Roast Coffee// I drink this daily... can't get enough.

SD Card// I can always, always, always use another SD card!

Nespresso Pods// I have the Nespresso Vertuoline and always need more pods. I loved their 2014 vintage pods but they were only a special edition pod. But I typically always have Altissio (purple), Stormio (green), and Decaffeinato (red, I drink this at night).

And when all else fails, when someone asks, I say Lululemon, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or Starbucks gift cards!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I kind of want a light of vanity too- I have seen them everywhere and amazon echo is amazing!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Just Jess said...

I agree that since I graduated college it is a little strange to make a Christmas list and not purchase things ahead of time!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure