Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Gift Wrapping for the Holidays



Gift Wrapping for the Holidays




Pajamas// Lip Color (in babe)
Shop the Look:

Last Friday evening, I spent a few hours wrapping gifts. The Crown, one of my favorite Netflix shows, had just come out with the second season so I was more than happy to enjoy a cup of hot tea and settle in for the night. 

I am pretty on top of things when it comes to the holidays, however, wrapping is something I always procrastinate over. I think it's because I end up making such a mess, haha!

I'm really proud of myself that I've gotten all of my Christmas shopping done and everything is now wrapped. It gives me more time to work and to spend time with family/friends. 

In my holiday survey that I shared in late October, I asked what you wanted to see and SO many of you wanted me to share some affordable outfits that you can wear to casual holiday events. Many of you mentioned that you have a casual Christmas or a casual gift exchange with your girlfriends, for example. 

We have a very casual Christmas day that usually consists of us lounging in our pajamas until about 1pm. Then we get dressed in something cozy and casual and head over to my aunt and uncle's for our annual prime rib dinner...yum!

This outfit is exactly something I would wear to any casual holiday event. It's super comfortable, but still looks put together and you can change the dressiness depending on whether you opt for heels or flats. 

This sweater is something that is recent in my closet. It's just $49 and comes in a ton of colors. I typically spend a good amount on my sweaters. I love a quality sweater, so at this price, I was a bit skeptical. And while this sweater is not cashmere, it's absolutely gorgeous in person. As soon as I tried it on, I went back and ordered the black because it's just such an easy winter basic. I also ended up ordering one for my mom, too. She had been over and I showed her the sweater and she fell in love with it! It would make such a nice holiday gift. It runs true to size and is meant to fit a bit loose. 

The leather leggings are something I just stumbled upon while browsing online. One of my favorite things to wear in the winter is weather leggings. I feel like they add a bit of edge and youth to my often classic and conservative outfits. These are the best I have ever found. They have a big thick waistband that sucks you in and they're tight but not insanely tight. I find that they actually run a bit big. They're also very soft and comfortable! 

In the photos above, you can see that I'm wrapping these pajamas. This is what my mom, sister, and I ended up on choosing for our Christmas jammies. We will wear these on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning (I gift them to my sister and mom each year)! We all three love to ski and love blue and white stripes, so these were just a no-brainer!  
I wanted to share some of my other favorites from Nordstrom's BP and Halogen lines (like classic cashmere under $70!). They're very affordable and have some great options. I can't believe I found two great pieces already! Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the leather leggings!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Casey said...

Cute jammies! Are they flannel or plain cotton?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure