Monday, January 22, 2018

Packable Puffer at Frick Park

Frick Park Pittsburgh



Frick Park Pittsburgh

packable puffer down jacket

packable puffer down jacket

packable puffer down jacket


Coat (on sale 25% off)// Leggings
Shop the Post:
This weekend, was, surprisingly warm. Ok, so not actually warm, but it was in the 40's, and it was about the best feeling thing ever. Friday night, I went out to dinner with friends for restaurant week and it felt so good wearing 'regular' shoes (aka not boots) and a 'regular' coat (aka not a parka). 

Then, Saturday morning, it was gorgeously sunny and I knew it would be the perfect time to take Henry on an adventure! So, we packed up and headed to Frick Park, which is a 640+ acre park in Pittsburgh (near Regent Square). 

My mom grew up near there, so when my grandparents were still living, we would go to that park because it was close to their house. I hadn't been in a while, so it was fun to be in a place that brought back great memories. 

Don't let the snow fool you! It was about 50 degrees and while the park was covered in snow, it was the perfect day for a long walk. So many people were out and about. One thing I love about having Henry is that people are so much friendlier. Everyone that passed me would say hello or question about what breed Henry was, or just say some pleasantry. I love that!

If you are in Pittsburgh, definitely check out Frick Park. It is the largest park in Pittsburgh and it's so beautiful. Plus, it's really easy to get to no matter where you are in the city! If you're a Mac Miller fan, this is the famous 'blue slide park'! 

I wore comfortable clothing, but I really wanted to highlight the jacket I am wearing. When I was traveling to Arizona, I didn't bring a coat at all... but, I was FREEZING before finally getting to the airport. It was 0 degrees outside when I was leaving for the airport, but Arizona was going to be 70 degrees. I didn't want to lug around a parka just so I could be warm for the quick walk in and out of the Uber. 

So, I have been looking for a cute packable coat that I can carry with me as I travel. This coat is great because it packs up into a small pouch that you could also double as a pillow on the plane. It's lightweight, so you're likely to get a lot of use out of it in the fall and spring, but it really works wonderfully for winter travel, too!
More packable puffers:

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love the bow and ruffle detail on this coat! It is so cute!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure