Thursday, July 19, 2018

Lately 7/19/2018

How has everyone's week been?! Mine has been absolutely blissful! If you didn't know, I am on my family vacation. We are in Georgia at the lake and it's so nice to just relax. I'll be back next week to post about my trip but right now, I'm trying to live in the moment!

Wearing: If you saw my Try-On post from the Nordstrom sale, you saw this striped dress. I was personally unsure about it. I love the idea of it, but I'm not so into clingy dresses and I thought the length might have been weird. But as I was trying everything on and getting everyone's opinions here at the lake (we are here with 18 people), everyone said they loved the dress, so it's a keeper!
Drinking: Wolffer Estates Dry Rose Cider. I bought this when I was in North Carolina and realized how good it is... like SO good. It's perfectly crisp and dry. I actually prefer this to rose wine! 

Reading: 24 Things Millenials Haven't Thought About In Years. This list is such a gem!!! I remember everything!

Watching: We watched the movie A Quiet Place here at the lake and it was so creepy! It's worth the watch because it kept my attention the entire movie and it was really suspenseful, but the storyline was so bizarre and the end was a little disappointing.

Listening: Have you seen Harry Style's cover Shania Twain? SO good. I was obsessed with Shania Twain when I was little and I am soooo in love with Harry Styles, haha! 

Loving: My car is only a year old, so I don't have a 'need' for these, but I think if the interior of your car starts to show wear, these custom mats are brilliant! They're understated and give a nice touch while keeping your car looking good!

Loving III: Ok Williams-Sonoma is one of my all-time favorite places to shop. However, they have fall stuff ALREADY?! Fall is my favorite season and I'm all for enjoying it prematurely, but this is a bit crazy, no?! 

Wanting:
 Umm.. THIS DRESS. It looks so different from things that I normally go for, but it's just so fun and such a great summer white!
Shop Candles on Sale:
Smelling: There are so many candles included in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I have a major soft spot for candles and some of my favorites are included! Shop the widget above to see my faves, including this Dyptique set

Traveling: Next up? Ohio then Nashville! I'm headed to Ohio two weekends in a row for weddings and then headed to Nashville to visit one of my sorority sisters (we are going to the Taylor Swift Concert!!). 

Quoting: "We travel because we need to, because distance and difference are the secret tonic of creativity. When we get home, home is still the same. But something in our mind has been changed, and that changes everything.” –Jonah Lehrer // See more of my favorites, here. 

6 comments:

Annsterw said...

Love that striped dress! I may have to go purchase that myself :-)

Carly Young said...

Hooray - Nashville! Let me know if you need any accommodations as I work at the only Five Star, Five Diamond hotel in the whole state of Tennessee! :)

Laura Baker Busic said...

Have so much fun in Nashville!! Can't wait to see what you get into, I'll be there the weekend before you! I went to the Taylor Swift concert in DC last week and it was SO much fun, you guys will have a blast!

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to pay a visit this website and reading the views of all mates regarding this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

Anonymous said...

I am really pleased to glance at this webpage posts which
consists of lots of valuable facts, thanks for providing such
information.

Bridget said...

I love the midi dress! Have fun in Ohio! It's so fun reading a blogger from a similar area (not NYC or the south) as someone from Cleveland!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure