Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Early Fall Wear-To-Work




Cashmere Hermes Shawl (similar look)
Shop the Look:

 I have admitted that I don't love August. It is kind of like March in that it is that weird transition month in between seasons. It's still super hot, but you are planning for things in the fall and no longer shopping for summer pieces.

Since I can remember, I have always found it hard to make plans for August and always hard to stick to a set schedule. Friends have vacations scheduled all over the place in August. Plus, children and friends are returning to school at different times all month long. I'm a little bit removed from the school thing since most of my friends don't have children (and any that do are newborns) and most of my friends are totally out of all schooling.

But anyway, I have such a full calendar of SO many fun things for September-December that I am just looking ahead and getting ready for all of those exciting things. Can't wait to share with you!

One thing I do miss about August is the 'back to school' feeling. I love a new beginning. A fresh planner and new office supplies feel so good, don't they? One of the things I like to do is get my 2019 calendar early and stock up on some new desk items. I also do a clearing of my desk. Toss old papers, pens that don't work, etc. This mini-refresh gets me a little more excited and ready to tackle my to-do list.

One of the things many of you have asked is for me to share weekday work staples that can work throughout the seasons. It's always fun to get a new piece or two with the changing seasons and I think it is even better when the piece works throughout many seasons. These pants are what I really want to highlight about the outfit. They are a wardrobe staple for anyone working in a more conservative office environment. You can dress them up or more casually- whatever you prefer! They come in 5 different colors from a bold red to a subdued navy.

They have a beautifully tailored, crisp look to them. The fabric is stiff and less prone to wrinkles. Isn't it the worst when you are sitting for a long period of time and get up to find that your bottoms are a wrinkly mess? In my opinion, they run small. You don't want these to fit tight like leggings but you also don't want them to be too loose so they lose their fitted look. I would typically order a size 2, but sized up to a size 4 and I bet I could have worked with a size. They're very comfortable!

As for my shoes, I love them and have had them for years. They come in so many colors. But, I have to say I wish I was wearing these shoes. They are so stunning for fall!

2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

Love this simple look! I got a similar silk scarf at the beginning of summer, and I've been looking for good ways to wear it to work into fall.

Sarah | all in the details said...

I love that scarf! That's one of my "dream wardrobe" pieces.

Sarah | all in the details
http://allindetailsblog.com/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure