Thursday, August 9, 2018

Lately 8/9/2018

This is one of those weeks that has just flown by! I can't believe it is already Thursday. The week has been moving so fast it's almost a blur! Tuesday night I went to the Taylor Swift concert at Heinz Field and it was SO much fun. She is such an incredible performer and the entire product just amazed me. I can't wait to see the show again while I'm in Nashville!

Yesterday I was not feeling well (like had to stay on the couch for most of the day). On top of that, Henry threw up twice in my bed. Needless to say, Wednesday was a wash. I felt bad that Henry felt sick but he seemed totally fine all day. I had to wash all of my bedding and that's always a big job- so many layers, so many loads!!

This is one of my first full weekends at home in Pittsburgh. I am excited to just relax and enjoy the city!

Wearing: A lot of you asked about this eyelet dress when I posted myself wearing it on Instastories! Isn't it so cute?! I wore it to the concert on Tuesday because it was SO insanely hot. I love dresses like this because they look great and are lightweight and easy to wear. There is a top version, too! It runs big, I am wearing a size 2!

Drinking: My newest find in the alcoholic beverage department is White Claw sparkling drinks. I feel like I have tried all of the sparkling alcohols but White Claw might be one of my favorites. Their grapefruit and lime are two of my favorite flavors. 

Reading: Did you see the AdWeek article about Burberry's new logo design? What do you guys think? I think they needed a refresh, and I love how simple the new logo is, but I feel like it also leaves something to be desired. 

Sale-ing: One of my favorites, Williams-Sonoma is having an end of summer sale! You can take an extra 20% off with code EXTRA. 

Watching:
 I started watching The Bold Type (on demand). I was hoping it would be a bit Gossip Girl-ish, but it's not. However, I don't mind it. It's a nice mindless show that you can watch while doing other things like folding laundry. I'm in a rut with shows right now so if you have any suggestions, let me know- I feel like I have seen everything popular!

Lace Top (has the cutest bow in the back)
Leather Skirt // Chanel Flats (similar)



Listening: You might have seen this on instastories, but a few weeks ago I went to the symphony where they played live along with the 1st movie. It was SO cool. To watch the players in action was inspiring and makes me want to work even harder on my lessons. I could not get over how good they were let alone how hard it must be playing with a live film! I have tickets for Home Alone in December and I can't wait! 
Loving: Have you guys seen the Dialect quiz from the NYTimes? It's so crazy how accurate the results are! Pittsburgh was one of my top cities!

Wanting: Not too much this week. August is always such an odd month. It's that in-between time where the summer items are on sale and you're not quite ready to start shopping for fall things yet. The one thing I was most excited about is this navy and gold dress! My mom has the dress in white and I have it in teal but I love the navy!! 

Pittsburgh-ing: My high school alma mater, Mt. Lebanon, was ranked #15 out of 10,758 high schools in the country and #1 in the Pittsburgh area! I'm obviously biased but I absolutely loved my high school experience! 

Quoting: "Your circle should want to see you win. Your circle should clap loudly when you have good news. If not, get a new circle." // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you watch Younger? A really easy watch and a good show!

Shannon

Cee Cee from KY said...

Oh gosh, I really hate that new Burb logo. Glad my trench is "older" and has the old logo. Note to Burberry: you're a solid classic! Leave well enough alone!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure