Monday, August 20, 2018

Living Room Reveal

This is a photo-heavy post, so I hope you'll stick with me as you scroll through! Today I'm sharing my living room with all of you! I shot these photos months ago and have been meaning to post them. Since then, I got a new couch and coffee table. That's another story for another day. But today I'm sharing one of my favorite spaces. I love the way everything turned out- it took me about a full year- even longer, to feel like everything was 'complete'. Scroll to the bottom to read the rest of the post! 

Dresser// Ralph Lauren Lamp (similar)


Tufted Leather Couch (similar)// Bachelors Chest (antique, similar)

Candlesticks (similar)// Tray (similar)
Teapot// Decanter (similar)
Eagle Regency Mirror (antique, similar)

Silver Frames (similar)
Trinket Box (similar)

Silver Tray (similar)// Brass Frame (similar)
Nantucket Print bought on the island 
Blue and White Lamps (similar)




Dresser (I use as a TV console but store my sweaters in the drawers)
Blue and White Ginger Jar (similar) 

This cabinet is used as my bar, but it is actually an old radio cabinet passed down to me. It is one of my favorite pieces ever. 


Antique Chair (similar)// Monogrammed Pillow

One of the biggest challenges for me is that I have 14-foot ceilings but still wanted a cozy feel. Typical ceilings here in Pittsburgh (old homes) are 8 feet and 'high ceilings' are usually 9-feet. The space's footprint is actually small, but the room feels huge because of the two 10-foot windows and 14-foot ceilings. Because of that, I tried to use chunkier pieces such as the chair/ottoman to make the space feel cozy. 

Since the walls and carpet are light, I went with contrasting wood and the brown leather couch. I love blue and white so I added subtle details throughout. Since dark wood can tend to be heavy I countered it with the light upholstered chair, plaid ottoman/ottoman, and glass coffee table

I know this is a big requested topic, so I tried to link as much as I could. A lot of pieces are antiques that I either found or were passed down to me, so they don't have a source but I did try to find similar items! 

I shot these photos before I had people over for drinks and snacks before heading out to dinner! I absolutely love having people over and entertaining. I can't cook well, but I love setting out a beautiful spread of snacks!
Shop the Post:

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Absolutely lovely, Sydney! Tasteful and beautiful but looks cozy and fun! Great work!

Lori said...

Killing it with class. Xx Lori

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing your living room decor! I agree antiques that’s are passed down from family really do look great with a few ginger jars!

TLA said...

That antique/repurposed radio cabinet is gorgeous! I love items like that--which have a smaller footprint for us city dwellers who live in more modest (< 1,000 sf) spaces! So much furniture these days seems scaled to large houses with open concepts (which is fine, just absolutely not my thing!) I definitely appreciate retailers that are embracing the "small spaces" concept and making quality pieces that won't overwhelm city condos and apartments!

Unknown said...

Lovely! I am using a victorian cabinet as our liquor cabinet. Where do you store your bar glasses? There just isn't enough room. I have put out a few on the top and the rest below. The wine and bubbly glasses have their own spot elsewhere. Thanks!

Angie Clark said...

I love your blog and post like these. I love your style, so classy!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure