Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Let Yourself Be Sick

Let Yourself Be Sick
Monogram Duvet// Silver Tray (similar)

I'm lucky in that I very rarely get sick. Sure a cold here and there but in bed, out-of-commission-sick is a rarity for me. Last week I got hit hard... and I have no idea where it came from. I've been pretty good at getting enough sleep, eating well, drinking lots of water, being active, etc. so this was a shock! 

It was the kind of sick that makes you grateful for your health. There is never a 'good' time to become sick and you definitely can't schedule it, but luckily, it was a slower week for me. I ended up canceling everything on my schedule and just letting myself rest and recover. 

It got me to thinking, though. In today's age, it's hard to just rest and recover, isn't it? When you see your e-mail inbox piling up, all of the unanswered text messages, and more, it can be anxiety-inducing. I know it is for me. 

I think one of the biggest things that I learned this past week is to just let yourself be sick. Unplug, rest, drink water, and let yourself get better. It is so much easier to get back to work and life in general if you have had time to fully recuperate!  

I have pushed myself before while being sick and it's not fun. Not at all. So this time, canceling everything and just resting was a no-brainer and I really do think I got better quicker! It's not rocket science but just a friendly reminder that everyone gets sick and it's ok!

Funny enough, I wrote about Sick Day essentials almost 2 years ago to the day. I went back and referenced it and was soooo glad to have the soup and ibuprofen on hand. What I didn't have on hand?! A thermometer! I prime'd (can we make that a verb!?!?) one as soon as I got better.  

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure