Monday, March 11, 2019

Henry Pupdate






I haven't done a Henry update in a while so I thought today was the day! As I have mentioned many times, I'm moving soon! As much as I am so excited, I have also been thinking about the impact it will have on Henry. 

Obviously, in the long run, it will be so beneficial for him because he will have direct access to the outdoors, more indoor space and lots of sidewalks and parks! 

But, I have read that moving can be stressful for dogs and I can totally see why. Henry is used to the city life! Going up and down elevators many times each day, lots of loud noises, many people, etc. He's hung out at my parent's house long enough to know what the suburbs are, though! 

Plus, his original adjustment from hot, rural Texas to freezing cold Pittsburgh city life was so much bigger so I know he will handle it well. That adjustment took him a few weeks, so I'll be interested to see how quickly Henry adapts to his new surroundings! 

Do you have any tips for me if you have made a move with your dog? I'd love to know! I plan on keeping his routine throughout the move. Although I've purchased a few new things for Henry- like a dog bed, new food containers, etc. I am still going to bring his old things with me. I have read that having familiar items can help get a dog adjusted to their new surroundings. 

Another thing that I have not yet decided is if I will let Henry have run of the house. Mac had full access to my parent's house. He had his favorite rooms/chairs/etc. and knew which pieces of furniture he was not allowed on. 

Currently, Henry has full run of my apartment when I am home. When I leave, I close the door to my bedroom and the bathroom. He is always so well behaved when I am gone. 

Whenever my fiance´watches him (while I am traveling or what not) he lets Henry have run of the house in his house, too. However, he crates Henry when he has to run out because he has roommates! So he is familiar with a crate if that ends up being the best bet for him. We shall see!!

I also wanted to highlight the outfit I am wearing in today's post! It's part of the Talbots and O, The Oprah Magazine capsule collection. 30% of the net proceeds directly benefit Dress for Success®, an international not-for-profit organization that provides women with the tools they need to achieve economic independence.

There are five pieces in this year's collection and the pieces are inspired by the ‘T by Talbots’ line, which offers high-quality activewear. And you know I love a good casual look! I'm wearing the Jacket and Tee which are both part of the collection. They are so well made, soft and comfortable. Not to mention flattering and functional. It's the high quality I always love and expect from Talbots!  Each piece runs true to size- if you are between sizes, I would suggest sizing down! 

Talbots stores nationwide will accept monetary donations both in-store and online now through
March 31st. This year, Talbots will again match customer monetary donations up to $250,000. To date, the TalbotsxOMagazine partnership has raised over $4 million and collected over 15,000 boxes of donated business attire for DFS, benefiting over 100,000 women. 

A very worthy cause which you can support by upping your activewear style game! Thank you to Talbots for sending me these pieces to style and sponsoring this post! I donated to this worthy cause and I hope you will, too! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always found that dogs adapt fairly well to moving because they're "people-oriented," and not as "place-oriented" as other pets. If their people are in a place, then they'll adjust fairly quickly. I'm sure the three of you will be settled into the new house in no time!

Karen said...

I suggest you crate Henry when you are not home. For his own protection, dogs can become bored and do things we can’t predict. Ex chew on electrical cords yes it happened to us and was heartbreaking. I have wooden end table crates for the family room and custom covers for other crates. I buy high quality fabric and custom sew them myself I even add ribbon or fringe! Good luck with the move keep his schedule and love him lots and he will be ok. He will love the back garden!

Bkb0705 said...

I have two dogs and I've found a happy medium between full house access and crating is to contain them in one larger room. We use a baby gate across the entry to keep them in. In my instance, it's our sun room. The room is spacious and has a couch for them to lay on, and they don't feel cooped up all day. We've never had an issue with them chewing anything. Good luck on the move - very exciting!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure