Thursday, October 3, 2019

Lately




I can't believe we are in October now! Before we know it, the holiday season will be upon us with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! This time of year I always feel excited and inspired but also a little crazy with so much going on! I also get seasonal confusion because right around now I move into Christmas mode (similar to a retailer's schedule) and planning for the holidays is a lot of work so Christmas starts now in Summer Wind world, ha!

This week has been great besides the fact I came down with an annoying head cold ('tis the season, ick) but thank goodness for Zicam! I felt like I was coming down with something on Monday (ever so slightly) and then felt it a lot on Tuesday. I started Zicam and the following day I felt a little better and now today I'm in tip-top shape.

I have been sticking to my Orangetheory classes and doing a lot of planning and brainstorming for upcoming content. My sister is coming into town for the weekend! We are going to do Orangetheory together tomorrow morning- I hope she loves it as much as I do! We are also going to get brunch together before she visits a wedding venue that she and her fiancé are considering!!! On Saturday we have a family friend's wedding and my parents and sister will all be attending! This is the first wedding where the six of us have gone to all together (other than when my sister and I were little) so I am very excited!

Wearing: I finally found an identical pair of Jeans that I have been wearing. I ordered mine during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale 2 years ago and could not find them anywhere in stock and now I found them! They are my latest favorite. 

Eating: We had Trader Joe's spatchcocked lemon and rosemary chicken and we did not like it. At first as we were eating we thought it was just ok, but the more we ate, the more we thought the lemon overpowered it and you couldn't really taste the rosemary. We also started to feel like the lemon tasted 'fake'. It was soooo easy to make but would not buy again. 

Reading: Love this article on confidence hacks in the business world. All of the points are so true and valid! 

Sale-ing: Serena and Lily is having their Friends and Family event. You get 20% off of everything using code GUESTPREP. I am seriously considering this coffee table- it's so gorgeous but I can't decide if the color is right or not (I think it might be a smidge too dark). I wish we had an S and L in Pittsburgh! I also love love love this chandelier.

Sale-ing II: Tuckernuck is having their friends and family sale right now. Take 20% off with code APPLEPIE. 

Watching:
 I just finished the Netflix series Unbelievable and it was good. Not amazing, but held my attention the entire time! 

Listening: I've been listening to Wynton Marsalis radio on Pandora a lot lately. It's calming and always has great music. The perfect thing to have on while cooking dinner or getting some computer work done! 

Loving: This article about Disney World's old attractions really brings on the nostalgia for me! My grandparents used to have a timeshare at Disney and we used to go so often growing up and all the way through my high school years. I haven't been since I was 18 but I am pretty sure I've been to Disney at least 20+ times before and remember most of the old items that have since closed. My sister and I LOVED the Honey I shrunk the kids area. 


Wanting:
 So many amazing pieces coming out now that we are fully into fall. Give me alllll the cozy sweaters!! 

Smelling: I love my standard scents like Diptique baies and figuier and Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay. But those are pricey! I get such a thrill finding a candle that is inexpensive and smells pricey. I just came across the Through the Woods scent and it's most definitely a holiday candle. It smells of pine and really smells a LOT like Nest's Birchwood pine holiday candle

Quoting: 'Do ordinary things in extraordinary ways.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure