Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wedding Wednesday: December Wedding Inspo

I shared with all of you when we first started planning our wedding that I had always wanted a December wedding. If you're newer here (hi!!!), the date was not in our cards, so we are doing late spring 2020! 

When I asked for requests several of you gave me the fun idea of sharing a mood board for a December wedding! So here it is! It was really fun to create and my entire color scheme came from the bottle of Moet and Chandon champagne. I love the idea of all winter white (think white on white monogrammed linens, all white florals, creamy fur wraps, etc.) and then small touches of deep emerald green, dark navy, and yellow gold. 

I love cozy textures like velvet, subtle tartans like Blackwatch plaid and the tiniest doses of deep red, like OPI Big Apple Red for nails or a pretty wax seal a la Cartier.

You can see my actual wedding mood board, here... which is basically the exact opposite of this one, haha! 

3 comments:

Laura said...

So funny you post this as I have a December wedding and this is very similar to my mood board. I tried to incorporate lots of wintery things without making it feel christmas-y. Velvet tablecloths, lots of tartan and tons of candles. I am so excited!

Anonymous said...

Love this! I was hoping you'd post something like this. I'm getting married December 21, and am so excited! I never thought to do red nails - but I think I'm going to! I am leaning into the Christmas feel for mine! lots of garland, red roses, Christmas trees, tartans and egg nog!

Katie Brodie said...

What a lovely post; I love this moodboard! Blackwatch tartan colours are gorgeous and I’d love to incorporate them into a bowtie or pocket square for the groom. I also love the idea of a green or navy shoe that may or may not peep out under the dress.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure