Friday, November 15, 2019

Easy Holiday Appetizers, Side Dishes, Dessert

Hey guys! It’s me, Callie! For those of you who don't know, I'm Sydney's younger sister. I live in Charlotte, North Carolina with my fiancĂ© (pictured above) and our dog, Bean. I work in marketing and I am also planning a wedding! 

I’m here today to share some easy holiday recipes that you can bring along to any party or serve at your next event. Whether it's Friendsgiving or Christmas Eve, these work well for everything! These are all super simple recipes that anyone can do (even Sydney- she is not the chef in the family so that's why she has me writing this post!). These have been some fan favorites that I’ve made for my own friends. I’m going to show you two appetizers, two side dishes, and two desserts. The links to the original recipes are there as well! Let’s get on with the food!

Easy Holiday Appetizers, Side Dishes, Dessert
Appetizers:

Let’s start with some apps! These are some of the easiest things on my list. For the bacon crackers you just need to grab some Club Crackers, bacon and brown sugar. Then you spoon the sugar onto the crackers, wrap bacon around the cracker and bake. Voila! They do take 2 hours to cook though, so keep that in mind (but are WORTH IT). Everyone loves bacon so I can always count on these to impress people. 

For the peppers, you just have to cut the peppers in half and discard their the seeds and membranes, then mix all of the other ingredients like the cream cheese in a bowl to spoon in. You do have to put in a little extra effort to cook the bacon (more bacon yay!) and then BAM! You’re Emeril.

Easy Holiday Appetizers, Side Dishes, Dessert

Sides:

This is my favorite section! These will make you look like Julia Childs when really you made this in like 20 minutes. The Tarte Aux Moutarde sounds fancy, I know, but it’s not fancy to make. You grab your pre-bought store dough and layer all of the other ingredients on top and then you have a beautiful savory pie that looks like you slaved away all day. 

The colorful brussels are something even the most novice cooks can do. All you have to do is chop all of the veggies with agave, cinnamon, olive oil, and garlic powder. The last 5 minutes of roasting, add in the dried cranberries and pecans and you have the prettiest, most Instagram-worthy dish to show off. 

Easy Holiday Appetizers, Side Dishes, Dessert
Desserts:

Dessert is my middle name. Let me introduce you to a 3 ingredient dessert that will blow people's holiday minds. Take an Oreo apart and scrape off the cream. A true crime against humanity, I know. What kind of monster would do that? Well for this recipe you must sacrifice the delicious Oreo cream to up your dessert game. You just take the Oreo cookie and douse it in some melted chocolate but the trick is to put a few drops of peppermint extract in the chocolate to give it that thin mint taste. Bonus tip: for holiday flair add some crushed peppermints to the top. 

FYI no real monkeys were used in the making of monkey bread. This one's a crowd-pleaser that even your grandmother will love. In fact, our grammie has been making this for all of our holiday gatherings since we were born. It's a family favorite. You take buttermilk biscuit dough and chop it into small pieces and cover with a cinnamon butter mixture, toss it into a bundt cake pan and there you have it. A beautiful cake that looks straight out of your grandmothers cookbook. 

Most of being a good cook is just following a recipe! Just follow the few steps in these recipes and you’re already on your way to leveling up to be the next Ina Garten minus the oversized linen shirts.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yum! I make the bacon wrapped crackers every year. I usually do a batch with brown sugar and a batch with Parmesan cheese. I also make monkey bread every Christmas morning. So good! I will have to try some of the other recipes.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure