Friday, April 17, 2020

Martini Recipe




Blouse// Jeans (also here)

Happy Friday! I thought it only fitting that we celebrate making it through another week with a good cocktail recipe. I have shared my recipe on instastories before but wanted it to have a permanent place here, too! 

I know a cocktail is a pretty personal thing in terms of how you like it best. So my recipe is definitely not for everyone, but for those of you who like gin and like dirty martinis, this is going to be for you!

When I go to a restaurant, I order a martini 'extra dirty, dry Hendrick's, up'. I like a good amount of olive juice and 'dry' means very little vermouth. Up just means in a martini glass rather than on the rocks. You can say 'shaken' (instead of stirred) if you want, but I find at most bars/restaurants, they always shake their martinis if you order them 'up'. 
Here's what you'll need:
- Gin (I prefer Hendrick's)
- Vermouth (we use Martini and Rossi) 
- Olives and olive brine (we like blue cheese stuffed olives!)


1. Start by filling the martini glass with ice and water so that it becomes chilled. Some people keep their glasses in the freezer but we don't have the space to do that! 

2. Fill your shaker with lots of ice. I think crushed ice works best.

3. Pour in 2 parts Hendrick's, a tiny dash of vermouth (I seriously use just a few drops), and one half part olive juice... I really just eyeball the olive juice rather than measuring it. I like a good amount but start off with less because you can always add more. 

4. Shake vigorously. I love it when it's shaken so much that when you pour it out, there are ice crystals in it! 

5. I like to taste it with a spoon at this point to make sure the saltiness is to my liking, but if you don't do this, pour right into your martini glass and garnish with olives! 

It's so easy and absolutely delicious. I have been drinking them for years and it took me a while to get my at-home martini recipe just right... I think it was the vermouth that threw me off the most. I use so little Vermouth, a little bottle will last years.



And for your added ambiance, my martini drinking playlist! Do you drink martinis? If so, do you have a favorite recipe?!

More Martini Glasses I Love:

Cocktail Picks I Love:


2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

I like the IDEA of a martini better than an actual martini, ha! Hendrick's is my poison of choice, and I also LOVE olives, so maybe the vermouth is what I'm getting wrong! I'll try it with just a dash like you said and see if I like it better. Cheers!

Unknown said...

I love a lemon drop martini made with fresh lemon juice. Such a treat.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure