Monday, April 20, 2020

Sephora Spring Sale 2020

Sephora Spring Sale 2020
Shop the Post:


The Sephora Spring Sale is here! They only have this sale twice a year (spring and holiday) and you can get up to 20% off. Here's the breakdown...

Rouge Members: April 17- May 1
VIB Members: April 21-29
Insiders: April 23-27

I've basically trained myself to shop at Sephora twice a year for these savings! I'll be posting a tutorial to my Instagram stories sharing the makeup that I love the most so please stay tuned for that so you can see everything in action. Here's where I will link to all of it with (hopefully) helpful descriptions of everything. 

I'm not a huge beauty person. I like to keep things very simple and natural-looking, so keep that in mind when I recommend something! I'll also share my favorite skincare products as it is skincare that I love the most! I think if you care for your skin well, then you don't have to do much in terms of makeup! This post is sharing my 'full face' makeup. Check out this post which highlights some of my more everyday items, too!

If you are wondering why you need an 'under-eye primer', I'm with you. I saw this floating all over Instagram and finally caved and bought it. I thought it sounded gimmicky or unnecessary to add another step to my routine. 

Well, I tried it and it honestly works. First off, it's cooling, which feels great on tired eyes. Secondly, it actually helps with keeping under eye concealer in place and also keeps it from sinking into fine lines. I'm really impressed. I don't necessarily use this every single day, but more when I want a really flawless look. You can even wear this alone when you're not wearing makeup just for the nice cooling effect. 
 This is a bit pricey, so it is nice to snag it while on sale. I don't wear foundation day-to-day but I do wear it when I get 'all dolled up'. This is truly the best and I have been wearing it for years. It's SO easy to apply because the texture just smooths over your skin, almost like a moisturizer. It feels hydrating and I never feel dried out but I also never get shiny with this either. The formula is lightweight and if you just use a little, it's not as full coverage, but you can build it up to be very full coverage. Many people on TV love this! This product wears beautifully and lasts all day. It doesn't really transfer off onto clothing. I wouldn't necessarily recommend rubbing your face on a white shirt, but it is good at not transferring.
I wear this in the color 'look less tired light peach' and this is a non-creamy color correcting stick that you can use to cancel out the purple/blue in your under eyes. I had a makeup artist recommend this to me and I have loved it ever since. You apply it under your eyes. When you do, it looks as though you put the wrong shade of concealer on. Then, you apply your concealer over top of the color corrector and that is where the magic happens. It dramatically reduces the appearance of dark circles. I could not recommend this product more! 
I have tried so many concealers. I had been using a drugstore brand that had rave reviews (Maybelline Age Rewind) and did not like that as I found it to have very little coverage and it also seemed 'watery'. I had also been trying the Tarte Shape Tape that gets so many rave reviews but I found it to be so drying and too much coverage. I had a Sephora associate recommend this concealer to me and it is so good. It's so creamy and hydrating but it stays put and has a nice full coverage! It's very similar, in my opinion, to the Nars Creamy Concealer, which is another favorite of mine. I also really like the Urban Decay Naked Concealer as it is matte but not drying and creamy when applying! 
I got this palette during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and now I really only use it for the bronzer which is Nar's most popular shade, Laguna. I have seriously tried SO many bronzers and I have liked some and disliked a lot. I have found some to either make me look 'dirty' or they have an undertone that makes it look very unnatural. Laguna is a true sunkissed, warm shade that doesn't look like you're wearing bronzer, it just looks like you were lightly kissed by the sun! Plus it's very easy to apply. It's hard to apply 'too much' but you can build on the color if a few swipes is not enough for your liking. It also wears really well/blends so nicely and lasts all day. As much as I love this one, I'm still always on the hunt for the 'perfect' bronzer! 


I have this highlighter in the shade 'golden opal pearl' and it is one of my very favorite highlighters EVER. I love highlighter and that shimmery glow that it creates so I have tried a lot. This powder is so fine and it just kind of melts into your face and gives you the lightest, most natural-looking glow. This color is perfect for year-round wear, too!

I used this blush in college and now I've come back to it. It's seriously the best! I use the shade 'super orgasm', but I think they changed the name to 'orgasm x' now. Anyway, it looks very pigmented but when you apply, it's very 'light' and natural-looking. The shimmer looks like a lot and normally that would turn me off but it doesn't show up on your face in a 'glittery' way. It looks very natural and sun-kissed! 
I use this in the shade 'medium brown'. I used to use the brow powder, but a makeup artist told me to switch to the pencil since I like a more natural look. I found myself going overboard when I would use the powder and with the pencil, I feel much more in control. I also agree that I think it just looks so much more natural! 
I have no eyelash extensions right now due to business being closed so in 'normal times' I would have extensions and therefore, you should take my mascara recommendation with a grain of salt. I haven't worn mascara in years and just grabbed this one because it is what I had on hand. I actually do really like it but haven't tried anything else in recent years to compare. 

I will say having to use mascara again reminds me of how excited I will be to get eyelash extensions reapplied whenever we are allowed again. Removing mascara is such a pain- I forgot what that was like!!
I have sang the praises of this lip balm so much, I'm not even sure it needs an introduction anymore! This balm is hydrating, has a beautiful color (I love Berry) and is so easy to apply.  10/10 !!

Shop the Perfumes:


I have my perfumes in the background of all of these photos so I am also sharing the perfume with all of you! I have a lot so I figured I would just share my top 3 as to not overwhelm! 

Wood Sage and Sea Salt is my current favorite. My parents got it for me as a birthday gift! I had the smaller size and had run out of it so I was so excited. I'm soooo bad at describing fragrances, but this one is light but woody... I don't like rose/overly floral scents or anything that smells 'powdery' or sweet so this is a nice balance between being a lighter, feminine scent while still having those masculine undertones. I have long worn Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche. It's the most delightful scent. It's very fragrant so a little goes a long way. It's just very fresh and more of spring/summer scent. Eau Tendre is a newer addition for me and I'd say it's still fresh but very different than Eau Fraiche. It is, in my opinion, more appropriate for year-round wear!


In My Cart:
Dior Lip Glow (always repurchasing)
Lip Mask
GrandeLash (I've used Neubrown before and I want to try this since it's way cheaper!)
Tarte Lip Balm (everyone has been recommending this to me as they say it is like the Dior Lip Balm!)
Drying Lotion (need to restock, this is a miracle worker for pimples!)

2 comments:

Andra said...

Have you ever tried the Clinique Almost Lipstick in black honey. It's very dark in the tube but goes on similar to the Dior lip balm. It's very hydrating and it cost 19.50. I love mine. It looks good on everyone and they have a very nice pink shade too called pink honey. Sephora carries it.

Unknown said...

Can you please link the cute tray in the background of these images?

Thank you!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure