Monday, September 21, 2020

Which Christmas Card Should We Do?

Dogwood hill holiday cards 2020
I realize we still have a solid 3 months until Christmas, however, I prefer to send mine out right after Thanksgiving as it takes that off my plate and I'm able to focus on the season and the people and the joy! 

Because of that, I like to get the photo done in late October and then get everything ordered by early November so I have plenty of time to get it all ready to mail. 

There is nothing more that I love than sending cards and Christmas cards, in particular, make me SO happy! I used to send them out for Summer Wind (which I still will do) but once Andrew and I are engaged, I was so excited to send out a Christmas card from the two of us (and Henry, of course) to our family and friends. This will be the second year we've done cards as a family. I think it will be so special to look back on each year's photo as time goes on. 

I was truly planning all along to use a wedding photo, but obviously, that's not going to happen. So we are going to have to orchestrate a photo! 

Here's a link to my post that shares what we did for last year's card. We dressed up in festive attire and the card design was simple and clean. I love them so much. 

So for this year, I've been brainstorming and I think I want to go a little more casual in terms of attire (TBD, though). For the card, I think I want to do something more decorative and festive. Basically, I just want it to be very different from last year's card! 

We are doing our cards with Dogwood Hill (who is also doing all of our wedding paper items). They are FABULOUS to work with and create the most beautiful things. They have SO many holiday designs and I truly can't decide. I've polled Andrew, my parents, and grammie and so far, everyone loves them all, too! 

Dogwood hill holiday cards 2020
The twelve at the top are my favorites and then I was able to narrow it down to the five above. With Dogwood Hill, you can customize the cards to say whatever you'd like, so you are not necessarily locked in on exactly what you see with the sample. I thought it would be fun to have you all let me know which is your favorite! I think once we pick the card, that will help to dictate our outfits. Whereas last year, we took the photos and then chose the card. Either way works!

Are you already starting to think about your holiday card?! I am so excited and I don't even care if it is 'too early'. 2020 has been a real bummer (to say the least) and I fully plan on immersing myself in any little thing that truly brings me joy! 

Now to get to planning those outfits... 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first one with the wreath. It’s the Christmasy-est!

Laura said...

I like bottom right.

Karen said...

Bottom right love the garland

Hayden said...

I love the bottom right card the most - with the deep maroon and green hues. I love Dogwood Hill products as well! We will be using them for our Christmas card.

westocjulie said...

I love the bottom right and the center one!

Melissa M said...

I love the top left and center options!

Anonymous said...

Love the green with the white border, in the center right. Classic, simple, perfect. Let us know what you two decide. - KLV in PHL

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure