Monday, October 12, 2020

Chinoiserie Blue and White Holiday Decor


I shared a post about my holiday decor inspiration last year (here) that's still definitely worth checking out if you haven't (I wrote in that post 'our only engaged Christmas'. LOL! All I can do is laugh at this point...Here's to an engaged Christmas round II!). Lots of eye candy of beautiful homes and very tasteful decor for the holidays! So today I thought I would share some inspiration photos again here and focus more specifically on some of the festive blue and white and Chinoiserie items I am loving. 

I mentioned in my original post that I don't love doing a ton for holiday decor. I definitely do the most decorating for Christmas (although, still not a ton). We did get more furniture since last year and our home is just overall much more decorated so I do plan to add a few festive touches here and there but nothing crazy! Less is more is not my decorating motto, but it's my motto when it comes to decorating for holidays. This really makes me sound like the Grinch, which is really the opposite of my mood when it comes to the holidays. I LOVE Christmas, but I just don't do well with clutter or having too much 'stuff' where I live. I'm ALL about seeing the over the top decorations in other people's homes or at various places around the city. I love nostalgic and vintage decorations and even love a tacky Christmas bar or a house with an insane light display. Just not for my home!! 

I will say, this year, I personally could use ALL of the holiday cheer, and I have a feeling many of you feel the same, so I'm not going to hold back if I'm feeling something. Especially since so many things are canceled this year... I really try not to even think about it too much because it makes me too sad. But that's exactly why I need to bring on the cheer here in my own home and here on my website and social media!!!! 
As much as I love blue and white, I also really do love traditional red and green. So I also wanted to share some other fun holiday decor that I have found so far that I love. I try to use blue and white in a very subtle way. Things like ornaments are a really easy way to incorporate your love for blue and white without being 'too much' or feeling 'theme-y'. As for themed trees, again, I love to look at them (like in the photos below) but I LOVE collecting ornaments that have meaning and history. I think that's a huge part of the fun of decorating each year. Pulling each ornament out and remembering the trip you went on or a show you saw, or a milestone. I'm definitely in the camp of nostalgia over aesthetics if I had to choose. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this post, sydney! now i'm scoping out so extra decor and cheer for this year.

Anonymous said...

I don't like thinking about Christmas until after Halloween, but I adore this post. I love that you included two very popular Christmas china patterns. Just for readers interested, Lenox Holiday china can be personalized with your last initial through the Lenox website.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure