Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Decorating My Office

Shop the Inspiration: 
I shared my home office in this post, here and I really haven't done much in the room since then. It's sat on the back burner for quite some time. I get burnt out quite easily as well as overwhelmed when it comes to decorating so I like to take a little at a time and then take a break and then start up again when I feel interested again.  Q4 is my busy season so I find myself in my office WAY more than usual and it has me looking around and getting distracted with how I can jazz things up a bit in there!


You can see in the photo above (from my original office post) that there is this pretty empty corner to the left of my mirror. My mirror is HUGE and while I don't necessarily think it's the most beautiful mirror in the world, I don't mind it and I have never been able to find something of that scale. I've since moved the mirror over more to the right so there's an even bigger 'dead' area. So I have mocked up the kind of corner I'd like to create. I wanted something inviting and comfortable- an area where I might curl up with a cup of coffee while I do some work on my phone or even just take a little break! 

There is not a ton of space, but I think a chair, a tiny cocktail table, floor lamp, and possibly (if space permits) a small ottoman will work! I also think it will add a little more character to the room. Don't get me wrong, I do like my office, but I just feel like I haven't decorated it totally to my liking. 

One other thing I have been on the hunt for is a new chair for my office. The blue and white chair you see in the original office photos is a little too high for the desk. It works, but it's not as comfortable as I would like. I also have a gray velvet slipcovered parsons chair and that one is fine but I don't love the way it looks. So I've also been keeping my eye out for something pretty for my desk that's also comfortable. I don't want anything that actually looks like a 'desk' chair! 

I was also thinking about potentially having bead board/chair rail added and then some very neutral grasscloth hung above, but I go back and forth on that as that's a bit of a bigger lift and expense. 

I love to dream about my idea of a 'perfect' office, too, and that would look like something you see in the photo above (and nothing like my current office-LOL!). I don't know what it is, but I have always been drawn to a 'handsome' look. 

2 comments:

ASR said...

gotta love the preppy, great blog !

ASR said...

gotta love the preppy, great blog !

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure