Tuesday, October 20, 2020

How To Wear White Jeans In The Fall




Shop the Outfit:
I definitely get in a rut of wearing jeans over and over again in the colder months. On Friday you saw me style coated jeans, which is another go-to style of jeans to wear in the winter, but to switch things up even more, I like to keep my white jeans in rotation year-round! 

I know many like to keep their white jeans tucked away from September-May. My mom does this and I used to, but rules are made to be broken, right?!  Now, I wear white jeans a lot! I try to go for jeans that are more of a creamier white rather than a really stark, bright white. I find Ralph Lauren does this really well (I'm wearing RL jeans in the photos above) and Club Monaco, too! 

When you are looking for a creamier white pair of jeans, notice what the color is named. I often see them called 'ecru', 'off-white', ivory, or 'cream' and usually not just 'white'. To make the outfit feel seasonally appropriate, I try to make sure that I am balancing my white jeans with a fall/winter texture. For example, this is a beautiful, neutral chunky knit sweater and most definitely not something you'd be wearing in the summertime. 

If it's still warm where you live, you could wear a lightweight top, but add booties to give the outfit a more fall look like the photo above... which if you can believe it, is from almost 4 years ago! If I didn' have the booties on in the outfit above, it might look a little too 'summery'. 

Besides jeans, I really love cream/ivory corduroys like these. Since corduroy is typically a fall/winter material, they feel a little more seasonally appropriate. So maybe if you are apprehensive about pulling out your summer white jeans, something like this will be a good start! 



I thought I would roundup a few photos of me wearing white jeans during non-summer months so you could get a little more inspiration!
Creamy White Jeans:

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I def get in a rut of wearing my black pants at work all winter long, so white jeans are so fun to mix in. Go figure, blue jeans are accepted, unless its a friday, but white jeans black jeans pass. :)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure