Wednesday, January 6, 2021

My Favorite Amazon Purchases of 2020

My Favorite Amazon Purchases of 2020

I've always relied on Amazon for the basics and even the most random items, but this past year we leaned on Amazon even more... especially during March-June. I thought I would round up some of my favorite items that I ordered in 2020. If you ever want to see Amazon items that I am loving, you can also always check out my Amazon page, here. This is going to be a very hodgepodge list as there are things in just about every category! 

Clear Storage Bins// These are super sturdy, easy to stack, and I love that they are clear so I can see the contents. We use these in our garage. The gasket seal on it keeps things from the air, bugs, moisture, etc. so it can be safe to store clothing or important documents or whatever you want to keep airtight. It's actually a really great bin for dog food since it can keep it fresh. 

Beige Dog Seat Cover// There are a million and one dog seat covers out there but it's SO HARD to find a beige!! I really wanted a zippered slit, too, which made things even harder. This is actually quite attractive as far as dog seat covers go and it blends into my beige car interior. It has held up so well. It's really durable. 

Phone Holder// This is great because it sticks on glass or a mirror or really anything and you can remove it to move it to other surfaces without leaving any residue behind. This is great for when you need to film things hands-free OR if you don't have a surface for your iPhone, you can use this! 

Chin Mask// This is the oddest thing, really, but I saw this recommended by so many beauty gurus and I had to try them. I have a pretty defined jawline, naturally, so these don't make a huge difference on me, but I use them for special occasions. They are nice and cooling and just really feel good while they are on. 

Glycolic Acid Pads// I use these nightly. They are strong and really do the trick to keep my skin clear and keep fine lines away. These are so inexpensive compared to a lot of other brands but work just as well! 

Bow Collar// I love these collars for Henry. We have a plaid one for Christmas and I bought him one to wear on our wedding day. While they are really nicely made, we don't use them daily, just more for special occasions. They're so cute! 

Gold Floor Lamp// This is a great floor lamp for under $100. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived last spring. It looks a lot like a Ballard Designs lamp I had been eyeing that was about 3x the price. The shade it comes with is quite nice, but skewed a little too modern for my liking so I replaced the shade. But overall, it's a great lamp for the price and does not look cheap at all! 

Moss Balls// This a random one, but I am always asked about these whenever they make it into a photo or Instagram story frame. They're a good bowl filler and an easy way to add greenery without having to tend to it like you would with a live plant. I have a few sets of these and then the smaller size, too

Silver Polish// This is my ride or die silver polish. It works SO well and is really easy to use. 

Velvet Hangers// These are all I use! They are slim so they are space-saving and the velvet keeps the clothes on the hangers without slipping off. They're wide so they also keep the shape for things like blazers and jackets. These are so much more affordable than the brand name versions and there is not enough of a difference, in my opinion, to pay more for the brand name. 

Eyelash Curler// This is basic and inexpensive but it does the trick! 

Ceiling Medallion// We put this up when we put our new dining room light fixture up. I honestly don't love the light fixture we put up (it's just 'fine') but the ceiling medallion made all of the difference. It's a really inexpensive way to add a little 'something'. I really liked this particular one because it had a pretty but simple design. Medallions can get pretty ornate or 'fussy' and this one looks simple but still traditional. 

Charger Plates// I have shared these many times before. They are plastic but don't look it. They're an inexpensive and easy way to change up a tablescape or you could buy a bunch of these packs if you are hosting a big crowd and don't have enough of your 'good' charger plates! 

Cocktail Muddler// These do the job well and are easy to clean! 

Sponges// These are the BEST. I have been using them for years, there is no better sponge. When you put warm water on them, they get soft and when cold, they are harder. They don't scratch anything and hold up really well. 

Plastic Platters// These are plastic platters that are heavyweight and look like a real silver platter. These are the perfect thing to have on hand if you are bringing food to someone's home... that way it can be beautifully presented but you don't need to worry about remembering to get your dish back! 

Bamboo Flatware// This is great, casual, everyday flatware. Unlike silver, this set is so easy to care for. It's so inexpensive (comparably) and the quality is great.

Athletic Socks// I love these socks! They are cushiony but don't make my feet too hot. Plus, you can't beat the price! 

Cozy Socks// These socks are so soft and cozy. I mostly wear them with pajamas and to lounge around, but I have worn them with my Bean boots when we had a lot of snow and they were so warm and comfortable, too. 

Smart Plugs// We have all the lamps in our house set up with these and they are amazing. If you have Amazon echos, you can just ask Alexa to turn on/off lamps and even the Christmas tree. You can also control them on your phone so if you forget to turn off a lamp, you can turn it off while you are out or turn on the lights before you get home. 

Linen Cocktail Napkins// These are just a great basic to have on hand. You can buy them in bulk and have someone monogram them, too! 

Ice Face Mask// This is a physical mask that you keep in the freezer. It looks goofy when it is on your face, but it really helps me to feel awake and refreshed. It definitely gets rid of any puffiness, too. I bought the Clarins mask (skincare product) and it is supposed to depuff. It was pricey and I think this inexpensive tool works so much better for ridding of puffiness. 

Wireless Lamp// This is the cutest little light that runs on a rechargeable battery. We saw it this summer at a bar downtown. They were using them on their outdoor tables and we hunted them down because we thought they were so cute. 

Dog Wipes// These are the 'cleanest' dog wipes I could find. I feel comfortable using them on Henry without worrying that he could be ingesting harmful chemicals or the product harming his skin. 

Mascara// This is the mascara I am using currently and I love it. It's not clumpy and it lasts all day. It's easy to apply and lengthens so nicely. 

Men's Chino Shorts// My fiancĂ© loves these. They are $15 and are nearly identical to J.Crew's chino shorts. 
Shop the Items:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure