Monday, May 24, 2021

My Sister Is Married!!!!


















I am kicking off this week with some very exciting news. This past weekend my sister got married!!!!!!! I am beyond happy for Callie and Timmy. It was the most perfect evening! 

Their original wedding was planned for May 22, 2021, at Phipps Conservatory here in Pittsburgh, but about 6 months ago, they decided that they wanted to postpone their big wedding and honeymoon to a year later. There was still too much up in the air in terms of the pandemic and they were not able to enjoy anything leading up to their wedding (like a bridal shower or bachelor/bachelorette parties). They were also inviting 250ish guests so with restrictions still in place, they would not have been able to have their dream wedding. 

So instead, they had the most beautiful intimate backyard wedding to officially tie the knot and then next year they will do a vow renewal and big reception with all of our family and friends at Phipps! Callie says, 'So nice I get to marry him twice!'

Callie and Timmy met in high school, true high school sweethearts! They went to school dances together and only started dating at the very end of their senior year when they went to prom together. They stayed together throughout college (where they went to different colleges) and even after they graduated, Callie was in Pittsburgh and Timmy was in North Carolina until finally, Callie made the move to North Carolina. 

The evening was truly so special. We lucked out with the most beautiful weather the entire day. Our parents all planned something so memorable. It reminded me of a tiny scale Father of the Bride situation- only 10ish people in the backyard/driveway.

I took all of the photos and it was so fun to play photographer for the night. I am so used to editing photos of myself and setting up the shot for just one person so this was a bit out of my wheelhouse but I think they turned out nicely and will be a keepsake for our families for a lifetime. I definitely plan on framing some!

Once Callie and Timmy said their vows and exchanged rings, we all toasted with bubbly and enjoyed all sorts of hors-d'oeuvres. Timmy's sister made a signature drink, a Paloma which was also wonderful! 

Callie wore a dress by Fame and Partners. This is not the dress she will be wearing next year, but she still wanted to find something bridal and elegant. She ordered so many dresses and finally landed on this one. It looked absolutely stunning on her. She wore our Grammie's opal ring, which is incredible and looked so beautiful on Callie. She did her own makeup and had her hair blown out at DryBar. 

My dress is Catherine Deane. I got it back in January from The Outnet. I love it and was so glad to have an occasion to wear it! I wore these Lilly wedges

Timmy wore a tux from Suit Supply. He looked so handsome. My fiancĂ© loved Timmy's tux so much he is now thinking of ordering from their site! Timmy also wore my dad's cufflinks which I thought was so sweet. 

The food was catered by The Vandal and it was absolutely incredible. We had chicken, pork tenderloin, broccolini, a vinaigrette salad, potatoes, and finished off with the most delicious chocolate cake from Butterwood Bake Consortium. The flowers were from Mt. Lebanon Floral

My sister is 4 years younger than me and I always think of her as 'little'. It's sometimes hard for me to fathom that she is not so little anymore. She has found the love of her life and they have a home and a dog together. I am absolutely thrilled for her- all you want in life is for your loved ones, especially your siblings, to be happy. It was a dream come true to witness them make a lifelong commitment to each other and see how happy they are. I am so excited to watch them go through life together. I have never had a brother so I am delighted that I officially have one and so thankful that my fiancĂ© and Callie's husband are friends!  Timmy has a wonderful family and we are so excited to finally have them as a part of our family, too! 

We missed our extended family and loved ones greatly, but we cannot wait for next year to do it all over again!! We have so many things to celebrate and be grateful for. I am thankful that I still have time to prepare my maid of honor speech, ha!!! Here's to Timmy and Callie and a lifetime of love, health, and happiness!!! 

5 comments:

Alexa Frankovitch said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEWLYWEDS! Also, oh my word the photos are stunning! You did a beautiful job :)

Gina said...

Congratulations to your sister + new bil! Beautiful photos - I especially love the one with their dog in it!

Kelly said...

So fun!!! I just directed a wedding for a couple who did the same thing; they got married exactly one year ago and this weekend they had the traditional wedding (well, vow renewal and anniversary party) of their dreams! Congratulations Callie & Timmy! The pictures are beautiful. Great job!

Maureen said...

Congratulations to your little sister. And how exciting to have a wedding renewal next year to have with entire family and friends. I love that idea! You did a great job on taking photos. They absolutely look fantastic!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

d1miranda said...

Sydney, you look so much like your Dad! Great job on the photos. I love the doggie corsage and Timmy’s shoes! Thanks for sharing your family pictures with us.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure